4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:13 AM by elginreigner _ RSS

Null Groups

elginreigner _

I dont come across this often, but how do I display null/empty groups in a summary. I had a request to breakdown placement by pay, then by month for 2011. Not every payor places each month, but I need to show them as zero values in stead of no entry on the summary.

On 10.5 pro.

• Null Groups
          Olly Bond

Hello Elgin

There's a solution but not in one model. Monarch won't show key fields for which no measure data meets the summary criteria. You can append your non-paying payors to the bottom of your first summary, which would require a second model. You might then need a third to open up the merged data and re-sort them as required.

Best wishes

Olly

• Null Groups
              elginreigner _

Hello Elgin

There's a solution but not in one model. Monarch won't show key fields for which no measure data meets the summary criteria. You can append your non-paying payors to the bottom of your first summary, which would require a second model. You might then need a third to open up the merged data and re-sort them as required.

Best wishes

Olly[/QUOTE]

Olly, thanks for the reply. That's what I thought you would say, I have a temporary fix for a single model. I created dummy data with no values, just the key field, just have to rememeber to remove 1 from count. I will work on the 2/3 step process as I want it to be permanent. It's only for an annual audit, but i dont like to repeat my work. Thanks for the input.

• Null Groups
              joey

Is it possible to have all payors as your source input and then import the payment amounts as an external lookup? You would add a calculated field to be zero if the external lookup was null.

• Null Groups
                  elginreigner _

So far my end result is 3 steps. The first gathers the payors, the 2nd completes my payments per month bucket per payor. The last step, puts all the data together, using a calc field if its null. To bypass this in my initial setup, i used my dummy data, it worked well.