If you go to the Help Index tab, and search for "Command lines, using Monarch ones", does it give you what you need to know? I'm not using v11 as yet, so I don't know for certain.
My understanding is that the command line parameters have not changed since v10 though, so we should be able to assist.
Additionally, you might want to check out the [URL="http://********************/tips/monarch-batch-file-generator"]Monarch Batch File Generator[/URL] utility.
Oh, and welcome to the forum, BTW!
the help file has been completely changed in V11.1, and after calling tech support, they informed me that they have not written that portion (yet). After scouring these forums for a couple hours now, i have concluded that my syntax is correct (as it worked perfectly in v10). Datawatch has sent me an updated V11 help file with the syntax in it. looks the same. I will try and figure out a way to post it here as soon as i can[/I]
my issues is with this batch file:
start monarch.exe /rpt:"C:\Documents and Settings\mkelley\Desktop\TESTING MONARCH\cash_jrnl.pdf" /mod:"C:\Documents and Settings\mkelley\Desktop\TESTING MONARCH\recon - csh journal model.xmod" /expfileopt:add /exptableopt:append /expsummary:"Journal_summary" /exp:"C:\Documents and Settings\mkelley\Desktop\TESTING MONARCH\Test Export File.xlsx" /S
This USED to append a monthly pdf's data to an excel document with a tab named "Journal_Summary". Now, instead of appending, it actually creates a SECOND tab Named "Journal_Summary1", and if you run it a third time (different or same data, regardless) you will get "Journal_Summary11", "Journal_Summary111", etc..
so this may be the wrong thread for this, but since i have your attention, can you see any reason why instead of appending to the working tab like it had in the prior version, why it would be creating additional tabs, instead?
Hmm... well, it wouldn't be the first reported issue with v11 here.
Your command line looks good, I think. You probably don't need the "start" if it's the only line in the batch, but that's not the problem anyway.
I'd recommend that you make a project file, using the pdf file and your model, and defining a project export for the summary. Then for the command line just use /prj:"C:\MyFolder\MyProject.xprj" /pxall
The /pxall will run all of the defined project exports. I like to use this method even if there's only one defined export. That way you never have to specify the exact name.
Maybe v11 will have an easier time interpreting this approach. Just an idea.
alright, i'm going to have to teach myself the project method i guess. Thanks for the help.
I did test it manually, and everything works fine that way, it just seems to be getting confused with the Batch File. Ill have a look at your 30 day program, but do you know off hand a good help source via Monarch for starting a "project?" or is it pretty self explanatory.
First, open your report(s) and model. Now, instead of using the "regular" export wizard, click the project export icon. Create a new project export. Step through the wizard.
Save the project file. This will store your defined export, the required data source(s) and model information in an .xprj file.
Next time, you can just open the project file and the data source(s) and model will automatically open.
It's a pretty straightforward process. That's why there isn't a step-by-step guide on ********************.
But do ask if you have any questions. I think that you'll be OK though.
Looking at your command line once more - this time with the v10 help file open as well - I'd say that your /expsummary: parameter would be ignored by Monarch as it's not a valid parameter.
If this command line worked properly before it would be because the summary was the active summary when the model was opened.
None of that accounts for the irregular appending behaviour that you'd described though.
I would say this is not a problem with your command. I'm running 10.5 pro, I have one project that does this as well. I would not say I'm a Monarch expert, but definetly an advanced user who has created over 1000 projects. So I know my setups are good, its just this one project.
You can use the /PX: as the export switch. If you're going to export all, use /PXALL. Another batch pointer, if the reports and exports of the project use the same name, you dont need to point to them in the command, they will be saved. This is the syntax I use for most of my batch commands:
"c:\program files\monarch\program\monarch.exe" "I:\Monarch Models\SCH\200 - RETURN - UGI.XPRJ" /PX:Monday /code