7 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:13 AM by Scott Eshleman RSS

    Model Problem After Upgrade From V9 To V11

    mc75 _

      I upgraded from V9 to V11 yesterday.  A trapped numeric field that used to display a number shows (null) in the table and summary views.  If I change the data type from currency to character, then it displays the number so I know it's trapping the data.  I tried making a new model like one of the suggestions in the forum without any luck.  Please help.  Thanks in advance.

        • Model Problem After Upgrade From V9 To V11
          Olly Bond

          Hello MC,

           

          Just a hunch, but did the upgrade do anything to the Input Options, like change the decimal character?

           

          Are the Regional Settings in Windows unchanged by the upgrade?

           

          Best wishes

           

          Olly

          • Model Problem After Upgrade From V9 To V11
            Data Kruncher

            I'm a bit in the dark here as I don't have v11 as yet, but have an approach that may help anyway.

             

            I assume that your data in the report looks something like this:

             

            $1,234.56

             

            which results in "$1,234.56" as a Character field, but rather oddly is empty or null when set to be a Numeric field.

             

            In this case, I'd try first defining it as a Character field, name it PreAmt, and then in the Data View (the old Table) build a formula based calculated field Amt with this expression:

            Val(PreAmt)

             

            Make sure that you define your calculated field with enough decimal place, if necessary, and if desired, set the format to Currency.

             

            Change the field names as necessary for your model, of course.

             

            I know that it's not the ideal, but does that help?

             

            Edit: Ooh, Olly's made a good point about the decimal character in the Options. That might do it right there.

              • Model Problem After Upgrade From V9 To V11
                mc75 _

                Hi Data Kruncher,

                 

                I tried the Val calcuation suggestion but it didn't work.  My numbers have Cr and Dr to the right of them.  Monarch used to display ($100.00) in the table when 100.00CR was in the report.  I've tried several other models and it seems to only give me a problem when dr/cr is displayed next to the number.

                 

                I seperated the number from the dr/cr into two different fields.  I wrote an if then calcuation and it worked!  Thanks for the idea to write a formula.

                 

                Thank you,

                MC

                  • Model Problem After Upgrade From V9 To V11
                    Data Kruncher

                    My numbers have Cr and Dr to the right of them.[/QUOTE]

                     

                    Ah, that would be why they return null values when defined as Numeric.

                     

                    Glad to hear that you've got it sorted out. Thanks for the update.

                    • Model Problem After Upgrade From V9 To V11
                      Gareth Horton

                      Hi mc75,

                       

                      There is a bug in V11 where the CR & DR indicators are only being interpreted correctly when they are uppercase.

                       

                      The next release will allow mixed & lower case.

                       

                      Note that for the German version, the S & H (their equivalent of DR & CR) will still only be recognized when uppercase.

                       

                      Gareth

                       

                      Hi Data Kruncher,

                       

                      I tried the Val calcuation suggestion but it didn't work.  My numbers have Cr and Dr to the right of them.  Monarch used to display ($100.00) in the table when 100.00CR was in the report.  I've tried several other models and it seems to only give me a problem when dr/cr is displayed next to the number.

                       

                      I seperated the number from the dr/cr into two different fields.  I wrote an if then calcuation and it worked!  Thanks for the idea to write a formula.

                       

                      Thank you,

                      MC[/QUOTE]

                        • Model Problem After Upgrade From V9 To V11
                          Scott Eshleman

                          There is a bug in V11 where the CR & DR indicators are only being interpreted correctly when they are uppercase.

                          The next release will allow mixed & lower case.

                          Note that for the German version, the S & H (their equivalent of DR & CR) will still only be recognized when uppercase.

                          Gareth[/QUOTE]

                           

                          Cool!!!! I wasn't even aware of the CR & DR indicators being recognized at all and had probably created more than one template separating them into a "DR/CR" field of their own.

                          Too bad 'bout the bug. Glad y'all spotted the issue and are working to fix it.