2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:12 AM by adonis _ RSS

multiple line text capture one line after SECR DESCRIPTION

adonis _

Hi All

I am wondering how you guys may capture a text line where the pattern is there are a few lines of text below but the line I want comes after the SECR DESCRIPTION field.  Problem is there is no clear cut pattern unlike other templates which are easily identified.  I want the next line after the SECR DESCRIPTION.

SETL DTE    ISSUE DTE    CONTROL NUM  TRN TYPE  ASSET SEQ     CUR

SECR DESCRIPTION

AUSTRALIAN DOLLAR /B 

CUST ACCT NAME

JOHN M DOUGH                            SANDRA SMITH

REC CUST ACCT              DEL CUST ACCT      ACCT TYPE SETL  IND

I want to capture the Australian Dollar

keep in mind when I select the line to create an append there is not a clear cut pattern from past endeavors, maybe you geniouses have a good idea I can try.

keep in mind the line after SECR Description could be a company name ie which goes all the way to the right ie:

Mobley Enterprises INC             1942NE 148th ST MIA28900 etc.

• multiple line text capture one line after SECR DESCRIPTION
          KeyserSoze _

Given your brief sample, can we assume that there could be other currency names included along with Australian Dollars? If those are a known list, you could do the following.

Build your two row detail template so that SECR is your trap, and paint a single line on the next line, wide enough for all data in the customer grouping. On the Advanced tab, set the field to end on the end of left justification. Name this field Customer.

To this add a new Character calculated field, Currency, with this formula:

If(Instr("Dollar",TextLine(Customer,1))>1 .Or.

Instr("Euro",TextLine(Customer,1))>1 .Or.

Instr("Some other currency",TextLine(Customer,1))>1 .Or.

Instr("Yet another currency name",TextLine(Customer,1))>1,

TextLine(Customer,1),

"US Dollar")[/CODE]

Now you need to isolate the real cusomter data from the currency detail which may or may not exist in the Customer field. Build a Customer Info field with this formula:

If(Currency="US Dollar",

Customer,

TextLine(Customer,2)chr(10)chr(13)+

TextLine(Customer,3)chr(10)chr(13)+

TextLine(Customer,4)

)[/CODE]

I will be out for much of the day today, but perhaps others can either add to this idea if necessary or provide something entirely different.