4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:12 AM by cclark9588 _ RSS

Monarch 11.1 Update Now Available For Download

Gareth Horton

Hi everyone,

The Monarch 11.1 update is now available for download.

It is available for standalone versions of Monarch 11 and be sure to download the correct version for the bitness you currently have installed:

32-bit is [URL="http://www.monarchpersonal.com/downloads/update32_11_1a.exe"]here[/URL]

64-bit is [URL="http://www.monarchpersonal.com/downloads/update64_11_1a.exe"]here[/URL]

This update is strongly recommended and includes the following:

New option to process information from Unicode text natively. Note that this does not add support for Double Byte character sets (Chinese, Korean, Japanese).

This resolves issues with reports containing characters belonging to different codepages display correctly, irrespective of machine locale. As part of this change there is now an option to export text as UTF-8, UTF-16 LE and UTF-16 BE.  In addition, exports to certain supported formats such as Excel are now UTF-8 with this option enabled.

New option to enable logging. 

New option to specify multiple working folders.  Previously Monarch placed all temporary files, report data cache and internal database files in a single folder. It is now possible to specify different locations for each type of working data.  This may be useful for performance reasons if fast disks such as SSD are available, but may not have the capacity to handle all working files in large data handling situations.

Various bug fixes in the following areas:

Multi-column region

ODBC import

Summary printing

Advanced field options in Page Header templates

PDF Import

Field verify

COM Automation

Various performance enhancements in the following areas

Field List

PDF Import

Thanks

Gareth

• Monarch 11.1 Update Now Available For Download
          Dirk Schulze

I just made the switch from version 9 to 11 (FINALLY!) and I noticed that the update is actually to version 11.2.  I couldn't find any documentation on the Datawatch site or here in the forums regarding what 11.2 contains.  Were there any significant changes from 11.1 and 11.2?

ARICE01 _

Additional to the skinman's question... I am currently running Monarch 11.0.3.11.  Is there any documentation which highlights the functional enhancements or bug fixes between the various patches and upgrades.  I have seen somewhere link to an 11.2 upgrade, but am not sure the benefits over my current release.  I would be interested in any available information... Thanks in advance.

OddJob _

I just made the switch from version 9 to 11 (FINALLY!) and I noticed that the update is actually to version 11.2.  I couldn't find any documentation on the Datawatch site or here in the forums regarding what 11.2 contains.  Were there any significant changes from 11.1 and 11.2?[/QUOTE]

The only fix that I'm definitely aware of is for a bug that I reported to support regarding calculated fields with null values.

When using a formula to test a field e.g. If field =1, True, otherwise False, the formula would return true where the field contained 1, False where the field contained a value other than 1 and Null if there was no value in the field so, instead of two possible outcomes there were three.

I was informed by support that this has been fixed by V11.2 although I haven't confirmed it yet.

I'm sure that there are lots of others but I have no idea what they are.

cclark9588 _

There is a new update to 11.2 but I would not download it at all.  I downloaded it to find while it may have resolved a couple of other issues we had noted and requested support on, this update created a whole new set of problems - if attempting to export summaries with Excel formulas and outlines, the export would fail each and every time.  I had to completely uninstall Monarch to a previous version and then re-install the upgrade and updates prior to 11.2.

Very dissappointed and still waiting for the fix which, as indicated in the email below I received 6/6/12, was done but as of this morning, no fixed update so still waiting and tired of doing so.

Here's the email:

I am desperately trying to get you a quick resolution to your Monarch problems here.

While we were able to fix 2 of your major bugs in release 11.2 it unfortunately produced a regression bug that it should not of.   This bug was set to Critical and has been since fixed.   It is now in QA queue to test and verify the fix.   In the meantime I am trying to work with development to see if I can get you a “diagnostic” build that has all your fixes in it.  

Before I go into more details on this – I just wanted to give you some insights on your issues and we I am at in trying to get you some closure on your Monarch bugs

Regards,

Mike Cirillo

Manager -  World Wide Technical Support

Phone: 978-275-8264

Fax:     978-275-8398

Email:  mike_cirillo@datawatch.com[/email]