4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:12 AM by elginreigner _ RSS

Selecting Multiple Files

CloudenL _

Did something change in version 11 that doesnt allow you to open multiple report files simulatneously?  A few people here in my office are having issues with this.  They have tried using both the shift key to select and the ctrl key to select but it is not working.  only 1 file come in.

• Selecting Multiple Files
          kbelli _

We've been using 11.03 for a little while now, and multiple reports seem to load correctly.

Have you tried opening a blank session of Monarch, and then dragging in multiple report files instead of going through the File: Open menu?

CloudenL _

Are you able to highlight 2 files and drag them in?  because i cant, only 1 is brought into the report screen.

kbelli _

Yes, I have six open for the project I'm working on right now.  These I selected with CTRL+CLICK via the File: Open: Reports menu.  But I have also opened a folder in Windows Explorer containing report files, selected multiple instances of them, and dragged them into a blank Monarch session. 

The tabbed layout caught me off guard at first.  You can close the individual report tabs, but the reports are still listed when you expand the "Reports" section in the document explorer - or at least, that's how it's supposed to work.  And then obviously the Table view pulls data from all of them.

I imagine you have the first patch installed (11.03)?

elginreigner _

I'm still on 10.5., this may not be pertinent.

Are you attempting to drag in multiple reports on a blank Monarch model? If it's the first load (and nothing changed in 11), you can only load 1 report at the beginning. Once loaded, goto File Open Reports as kbelli stated above.