5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:12 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Export icon always results in "Monarch has encountered a difficulty" and closes.

spreadsheeter _

We have 15 stand-alone installations here, and just one of them always does this.  We have so far re-installed to this one PC three times, but to no avail.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

We are using Monarch 32 bit Version 11.0.2.55

• Export icon always results in "Monarch has encountered a difficulty" and closes.
          Olly Bond

Hello Spreadsheeter,

It's odd that it works on other machines and not that one. Have you tried installing the latest patch version 11.03 to see if that addresses it?

Best wishes,

Olly

• Export icon always results in "Monarch has encountered a difficulty" and closes.
            Grant Perkins

Welcome to the forum spreadsheeter.

The 'Odd machine out' syndrome is not uncommon and windows installations can have some well hidden and/or less than obvious differences that may lead to such trappable but not specifically identifiable errors. It all gets a little complex these days.

Does this happen no matter what sort of output type you are try to export to?

Might there be any network access issues involved?

Could there be differences for this machine in terms of security settings and so on?

Does everything else in Monarch seem to work as expected?

There was a very obscure problem a few versions ago that involved the default printer setting in Windows that, from a dim and distant memory, caused a few scratched heads for a while. Completely obscure and I would imagine no longer an issue BUT you never know, something similar to that may creep in from time to time with updates to operating systems and applications.

There should be some related posts - I'll see if I can find them, they may help to generate some ideas.

Which windows version are you running?

Grant