1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:12 AM by StevenBell _ RSS

Remote Administration Problem

StevenBell _

Hello,

I have successfully installed Data Pump Pro 10.5 on my server.  I have it running under a domain user account that I created for this purpose.  I set Data Pump up to connect to a SQL Server 2008 R2 instance on another computer using SQL authentication. Everything works fine when I do administration from the server.

Next, I installed the Data Pump Pro Web Service.  This created two new user groups: DataPumpAdmins and DataPumpUsers.  I added my account to the DataPumpAdmins group. 

Last, I installed Data Pump Remote Administrator on my client computer.

Problem:[/B] When I run the remote admin tool, I get this message:

"Unable to connect to Monarch Data Pump database.  Please correct connection string and/or password."

The MMC console opens but nothing shows, leading me to believe that we are not reaching Data Pump.

Another curious thing, when I open my browser and navigate to the web service (http://MyServer/MonarchDataPumpUser[/url]), I get a "500 - Internal Server Error".  If memory serves, 500 means that the resource is being found but cannot be displayed for some reason.

It is probably a security thing but I do not know.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

• Remote Administration Problem
          StevenBell _

Ok, so this is what I ended up doing to make remote admin work (this is in addition to everything that is listed in the installation guide):

1. On the server, there are for virtual IIS folders that get created:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Monarch Data Pump\WebAdmin

c:\Program Files (x86)\Monarch Data Pump\WebAdminService

c:\Program Files (x86)\Monarch Data Pump\WebService

c:\Program Files (x86)\Monarch Data Pump\WebUserService

In each of these folders, I modified the web.config file so that custom errors are turned off:

*Note that this is the account that you specified the service should run under when you installed Data Pump.

Last, I added write permissions for the service account to the .Net temporary files folders, which on my server are located at:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files

Wow, it actually works!