2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:12 AM by elginreigner _ RSS

CR/LF added to begin/end of file/fields

elginreigner _

I have a model that rips apart a report into 3 parts, simply, header, monthly and detail.

Each part is a memo field. For testing purposes, I combined the fields into one large field and export it as a test file, fixed width. When I open the file, (notepad++), there are extra CR/LF at the beginning and end of file. Also, there is a tab delimiter before the extra values.

Is this from the memo lines? Can I remove the extra CR/LF/tab?

They are not padded fields, the option is turned off anyway. Ideas?

• CR/LF added to begin/end of file/fields
          Olly Bond

Hello elginreigner,

Nice spot - I can replicate this in 10.5 Pro. I've not needed to export Memo fields to fixed-width text before but it does seem slightly odd behaviour.

You can certainly get rid of the extra tabs - use the Monarch Utility that ships with Monarch (it's in the Monarch Program folder) and select the option "Prepare files for Monarch", then Replace all instances of the string /9/13/10 with /13/10. Getting rid of duplicate CRLFs is then just replacing /13/10/13/10 with /13/10.

This can all be called from a batch file if you need to automate this.

Hope this helps,

Olly

• CR/LF added to begin/end of file/fields
              elginreigner _

Olly

Thanks for the reply. It's not a normal setup for me, I need to insert data into the middle of the report. The memo fields worked perfect, they just had these side affects. I will only be running this model once a quarter. It won't be too much trouble to manually remove them.

I tried to code every which way around this, I thought it was internal to Monarch, which is not the case.

Oh well, thanks for confirming this.