3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:12 AM by DJS _ RSS

Export To Excel - Blank Fields

DJS _

I recently upgraded from version 9 to version 11 and I'm now having difficulties with the Excel files that I'm exporting.  It appears that blank fields aren't really blank fields?

When using the vlookup command a value of 0 (zero) will be returned when the lookup references a field that is blank.  However, now it actually returns nothing (blank) indicating that there something in the field ... like a space?

If I go to the cell that the lookup is referencing and hit the delete key the vlookup then updates and returns a 0 (zero) as expected.

I don't have this issue when exporting from version 9.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Export To Excel - Blank Fields
          DJS _

The COUNTA function returns the same result.  The blank fields are being counted.  This should be easy for some of you to confirm.

Thanks!

• Export To Excel - Blank Fields
              Olly Bond

Hello DJS,

A blank field that actually contains a NULL value is handled differently. You can overcome this in two ways:

- In the Summary, select the Options > View to show Null values as 0^or as " ", and then export to CSV format. Excel should read this correctly as a zero or space as desired.

- In the Options > Export settings, check the version of the Excel export driver that you're using.

Hope this helps,

Olly