4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:12 AM by Rob27 _ RSS

Removing unwanted data/pages.

Rob27 _

Hi, im new here. 

I have had a look through the white papers and on the forum to see if I can find anything related. 

I wonder if you can help.

Currently using Monarch Pro 8.02

I have a reports that has a model applied that breaks each page with a . at the top of each new page.

The problem is I have a lot of useless information with in this report that the is not needed.  I would use ESBurster to remove this with deletepages.mod but it would be a global change for all reports but we only have one burster running. 

Hope you are able to help me.  I have had a look in the Table window and tried playing with the calculated fields and formula's but not yet figured it.  Am I in the right area?

So what I am trying to say is every time within the report the following appears I would like some how to remove it and everything below it.

'Totals for request   Report  AC5P'

'Totals for run             Report  AC5P'

'Office totals              Report  AC5P'

'List of account postings'

Below is an example of what the beginning of a page would look like with date I do not require.

.                                                                               

Run on  4 NOV 11   At 22.08            List of account postings                      Page 1                      

-

Many thanks for your time.

Thanks.

Rob.

• Removing unwanted data/pages.
          Olly Bond

Hello Rob,

It sounds to me from the model name "ESBurster" that you're prepping data for ingestion into Monarch BI Server (possibly a fairly old version if you're using Monarch v8)?

If you're happy taking this through two stages, it's possible to remove the unwanted empty pages by trapping just the two line sample as a detail, trapping on the date characters in the right columns, selecting the "." as a field called FirstCharacter, and filtering based on FirstCharacter<>".".

Now you have a list of good page numbers, which you can export to an Access table and use as an external lookup in ESBurster.

Hope this helps,

Olly

Rob27 _

Hi Olly,

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Thats correct, prepping data for ingestion into an Archive Server.  We have probably 30+ report types Archiving and thousands of reports every night.   Our clients logon on and gain access to their reports digitally so we do not have to print them out for clients and hence saves tons of paper.

ESBurster would generally be used to strip unwanted data from the reports (ie specific mainframe data) control cards etc.  That we dont need on a global scale,  this would then place the processed files into a holding folder to be filed by Datawatch ES Filing tasks into a Database.  

When I was on a Monarch course everyone seemed to use the program in a different way to us.  We use it to create models that are applied to the report in Datawatch's ES so we can index on specific data within the reports that the client wishes.

So were not extracting the data into excel, tables or summaries etc.

I will add a false report below if I can.  (How can I attach a txt file) ? Please let me know if what you have said would work still. 

Rob.

Rob27 _

.                                                                               

•    BACS Payments remittance                                                                  

•                                      *                                                                               

• Rob Boulton                          *    #########                                                                               

• #########                            *    #########                                                                          

•    Page   1                                                                               

Invoice number  Invoice date     Gross payable     Discount    Net payable                                                            

-

-

-

-

-

1.      26AUG11             2222.00                     2222.00                                                                               

Payment total     2222.00         0.00        2222.00                                                                               

Payment date       9NOV11                                                                               

Payment reference  000001                                                                               

Bank sort code     99-99-99                                                                               

Bank account code  99999999                                                                               

Bank account name  Rob LTD                                                                               

.                                                                               

Totals for request   Report  AC5P                                                                               

Run on  4 NOV 11   At 22.08                                                                               

Total cash                 £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

Total marked               £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

.                                                                               

Run on  4 NOV 11   At 22.08        Totals for run             Report  AC5P                                                                               

-

Total cash                 £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

.                                                                               

Run on  4 NOV 11   At 22.08        Office totals              Report  AC5P                                                                               

-

Office       Amount                                                                               

-

-

A      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

J      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

F      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

K      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

W      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

C      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

B      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

H      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

N      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

X      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

T      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

G      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

P      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

Q      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

Y      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

E      £9,999,9999.99                                                                               

.                                                                               

Run on  4 NOV 11   At 22.08            List of account postings                      Page 1                                                                               

-

Created by Payments                                                                            

Company     ROB Ltd                                                                               

Worker key  ROBB,A5P*999,99                                                                               

----

--
                  +
                  -+
                  +

+

+

+
                  --

+                       

|Account code   |Contra account |Codes|Date    |      Debits  |       Credits  |Ref     |Narrative            |                       

--

|
                  |
                  -|
                  |

|

|

|
                  --

ROB111111

ROB99

A

30SEP11

ROB111111

ROB99

A

30SEP11

ROB111111

ROB99

A

30SEP11

ROB111111

ROB99

A

30SEP11

ROB111111

ROB99

A

30SEP11

ROB111111

ROB99

A

30SEP11

ROB111111

ROB99

A

30SEP11

ROB111111

ROB99

A

30SEP11

ROB111111

ROB99

J

30SEP11

|ROB111111      |ROB99          |   A |30SEP11 |        0.00  |                |000000  |                     |                       

/CODE