5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:11 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Adobe X Pdf will not open

hellback _

I am trying to open a pdf report created in Adobe 10.0.0 in Monarch Pro V9. I keep getting a message that this is not a valid pdf and it opens as a text file that is unusable.

I do not have a full version of Adobe or another pdf creator only a reader. Any suggestions on how to get this to work in Monarch?

• Adobe X Pdf will not open
          Olly Bond

Hello Hellback,

I was going to suggest saving it from Acrobat Reader as a Microsoft XPS document, but that would require Monarch Pro v10 and you only have v9.

Can you copy and paste the text content of the PDF into Notepad?

Best wishes,

Olly

hellback _

I can copy and paste into notepad but I lose all the formatting. Also, the report is more than 1000 pages and would be difficult to copy the entire thing and try to set up a model.

Do you know if this is an Adobe 10 issue with my version of Monarch? We are trying to get our company to upgrade the Monarch to v10.5 or 11 but I don't know if that will fix the issue.

Thanks

Joe Berry

I would try one of two things.  I have had excellent success with CutePDF writer and with XPS files.  If the pdf can be opened properly in your reader, then I would print it to either XPS or download the free CutePDF writer and print it as a pdf file using that driver.

I have run into issues with a pdf file created using Adobe X from a particular system; however, all other Adobe created files work flawlessly.

Gareth Horton

Hi Hellback

I have Adobe X and have no problems opening files created with it in Monarch 11.

If you can send me your file I can verify it for you. Send me a private message.

Thanks

Gareth

hellback _

Joe,

I was able to download the Cute Pdf and print the file using that. I now works. Thanks for the help. Sure beats printing and counting by hand.