3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:11 AM by Kayla _ RSS

Please Help!

Kayla _

A fellow coworker is trying to download the Monarch Trial on his computer as well, so we can work together on learning how to use this software. However, when he gets to the installation set up wizard, an error message pops up that says the following:

Error 1320: The specified path is too long.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I would really appreciate the help!

Thank you so much!

Kayla

• Please Help!
          Scott Crotty

Hello Kayla,

This error is most likely caused by a setting in the local environment not letting the Monarch install write to the defined shared file location.  To solve this, un-check "Install Sample Files" during install.  It's on the screen right after the License Agreement.  If you still need the sample files, you can get them from the Support/Downloads & Updates section of the Datawatch website and install them to a convenient location.

http://www.datawatch.com/_support/downloads_updates.php[/url]

• Please Help!
              Kayla _

Thank you! This worked!

I really appreciate your help!

• Please Help!
                  Kayla _

Actually, the download worked.

I now have Monarch Pro (trial) installed on my coworker's computer. I clicked the link you provided to get the sample files and saved them to the desktop. When I try to open a report in Monarch, and browse to the location, I get a message that says it "cannot open the file because it does not exist."

I really need to get this problem solved asap as I now have the trial installed and the time on the trial is ticking!

Thanks so much, I will appreciate ANY help!

Kayla