1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:11 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Way to quickly hide/unhide specific columns

MonUserCJ _

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to quickly unhide and hide specific columns of a model. Often I will hide columns that I'm not planning on exporting, but if I think there's something wrong with the model I'll want to unhide all the columns to see if I've missed something. Sometimes I'll move all the hidden columns to the end of the fields list, but this is problematic because it moves the hidden columns away from the columns they are related to. Incidentally, I'm looking for a way to do this in Excel as well. I have made macros to do it, but they mess up the focus of the document and moves the page to the top.

Anyway, is there a way to do this in Monarch? I'd greatly appreciate any advice anyone has.

Thanks.

• Way to quickly hide/unhide specific columns
          Olly Bond

Hello CJ,

The easiest way is to open the field list. Here you can see all the fields, including hidden ones, and can toggle the checkbox to hide or unhide the ones you need. You can also re-arrange them and Set Display Order will apply the order to the table. In v10, you have to close the field list to get back to your data, but in v11 you can have the field list open while you work.

Best wishes,

Olly