6 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:11 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Empty Filter Results

thompssc _

I have 7 different Monarch processes that all use basically the same filter (A value filter Based upon a Calculated field that looks at a field in the report, determines if it matches a specific value, if so returns some text, if not returns the value of another External Lookup field).

The filters in 6 of the processes work perfectly, the 7th (an EDI file) always returns nothing unless I manually open Monarch and modify the report in some way (causing it to re-compute the current filter) at which point it displays the appropriate records.

Any thoughts as to why this one process might be causing me headaches?

Thanks,

• Empty Filter Results
          thompssc _

Forgot to mention I'm using Monarch 10.5 Pro and I get the same behavior (blank output file) when I automate the process using Monarch Data Pump 10.5

• Empty Filter Results
              Olly Bond

Hello Scott,

Have you tried forcing DataPump to check that the desired filter produces more than 1 row? This can be done in the verification settings for the project in the DataPump XPRJ Editor.

Best wishes,

Olly

• Empty Filter Results
                  thompssc _

Thanks for the response, I'll go ahead and re-enable that validation on the process and see if it has any effect. I've been turning the validation off for all of our processes because DataPump occasionally throws the following error when the validation is enabled.

Failed: DwchServer.VerifyAttemptFailedException: Failed while attempting to verify project ID 1. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource) at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException() at MonarchCore.LineCache.a(Int32 A_0, Int32 A_1, Boolean A_2) at MonarchCore.LineCache.PlanPage(Int32 nPageGoal) at MonarchCore.LineCache.GetPlannedLineAt(Int32 nIndex, LineObj& lineObj) at MonarchCore.LineCache.AdvanceToNextSegment(BuildState buildState) at MonarchCore.LoadContext.b() at MonarchCore.LoadContext.LoadARecord() at MonarchCore.AceDb.a(Int32 A_0, Int32 A_1) at MonarchCore.AceDb.LoadAndInsertRows() at MonarchCore.InternalDb.g() at MonarchCore.Project.BuildInternalDatabase(LoadContext context) at MonarchCore.Project.GetRowCountForFilter(Filter filter) at MonarchCore.Project.VerifyFilter(String strFilterName, String strComparison, Int32 nRowLimit) at DwchServer.JobHandler.a(Project A_0, String A_1, Int32 A_2, JobLog A_3) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at DwchServer.JobHandler.a(Project A_0, String A_1, Int32 A_2, JobLog A_3) at DwchServer.JobHandler.a(MpExportClass A_0, JobLog A_1, Int32 A_2) at DwchServer.JobHandler.a()[/QUOTE]

• Empty Filter Results
                      thompssc _

Odd, the verify succeeds but it still outputs 0 rows.

• Empty Filter Results
                          thompssc _

I determined the problem was coming from the Default filter setup in the Project (Under the State XML tag). After removing the Filter tag the project automatically opens with No Filter selected and the filter that should be generating results does. Not sure why this would be the case, but at least the issue is resolved for now.

• Empty Filter Results
                              Olly Bond

Hello Scott,

Sorry for the delay - I was travelling without access to Monarch (or DataPump) and meant to suggest making sure that the default filter is set to None in the source model file.

You're right that it shouldn't cause any issues - and I hope that when DataPump v11 arrives it will handle this sort of situation smoothly.

Best wishes,

Olly