11 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:11 AM by elginreigner _ RSS

Monarch 11 Trial

Joe Berry

I downloaded Monarch 11 to give it a spin before placing my order.  It broke 10.5 because of a newer version of a file.  Has anyone else had this issue or is it just a coincidence with me.

• Monarch 11 Trial
          Olly Bond

Hello Joe,

I gather there's a simple registry fix to address this. It would be nice if that could be posted here.

I think it would also help if the download page could have a message clearly explaining how users should handle installation on machines with earlier versions of Monarch.

ATB

Olly

• Monarch 11 Trial
            Gareth Horton

Hi Joe,

We identified this problem earlier and are going to fix the download.

However, for now, copy the following files to the folder where the Monarch 11 executable file (Monarch.exe) resides ("c:\Program Files\Datawatch\Monarch\Program" by default, or c:\Program Files (x86)\Datawatch\Monarch\Program on a 64-bit machine)

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Datawatch Shared\dzip32.dll

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Datawatch Shared\dunzip32.dll

(Note that on a 64-bit machine, the path will be Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Datawatch Shared)

This is based on the assumption that you have not done anything other than installing the Monarch 11 Trial on a machine with an existing Monarch 10.5 installation.

Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Thanks

Gareth

I downloaded Monarch 11 to give it a spin before placing my order.  It broke 10.5 because of a newer version of a file.  Has anyone else had this issue or is it just a coincidence with me.[/QUOTE]

• Monarch 11 Trial
                RalphB _

When will the Network version be released?

• Monarch 11 Trial
                    Joe Berry

Gareth,

Thanks for the info.  I will let you know if it fixes it as I had to use 10.5 so I removed v11 and re-installed 10.5 to fix it.  More than likely it will be Monday before I get to it.

• Monarch 11 Trial
                        elginreigner _

This makes my week, month, and year. I've been asking about 11 for ages and its 64bit compatibility (its is 100%).

• Monarch 11 Trial
                            Joe Berry

Gareth,

I tried copying the above two files as outlined, but that did not work.  I was able to get both working by copying the c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Datawatch Shared folder to a newly created folder named c:\Program Files\Common Files\Datawatch Shared.  The error I received after copying the files was "[U]Cannot open file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Datawatch Shared\MFWFIL32.DLL. File is missing or version is incorrect.[/U]"

• Monarch 11 Trial
                                elginreigner _

Is there a link to the trial? I'm unable to fine it on the site.

• Monarch 11 Trial
                                  Gareth Horton

Hi Joe,

That's very puzzling, since I have Monarch 11 and 10 working side by side myself by using that approach.

Essentially, you are just adding the dzip32.dll and dunzip32.dll files to the folder where the Monarch 11 executable resides.

Is that what you have right now?

In the folder where Monarch 11 is installed, do you have the following files with a .DLL extension?

dunzip32.dll

dzip32.dll

mfwfil32.dll

Doing this in calculated field style ...

If((V10.5 .AND. V11) = Installed .AND. (Last Installation = V11) .AND. (Monarch11ProgramFolder .IN. "Monarch.exe") .AND. (Monarch11ProgramFolder .IN. "Dunzip32.dll") .AND. (Monarch11ProgramFolder .IN. "Dzip32.dll") .AND. (Monarch11ProgramFolder .IN. "mfwfil32.dll"), "Works","Doesn't Work")

If everything appears as it should be, drop me a PM with your e-mail address.

Thanks

Gareth

Gareth,

I tried copying the above two files as outlined, but that did not work.  I was able to get both working by copying the c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Datawatch Shared folder to a newly created folder named c:\Program Files\Common Files\Datawatch Shared.  The error I received after copying the files was "[U]Cannot open file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Datawatch Shared\MFWFIL32.DLL. File is missing or version is incorrect.[/U]"[/QUOTE]