3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:11 AM by elginreigner _ RSS

Page Break Issue

elginreigner _

I normally dont have page break issues, but in this case the builtin Monarch page breaks are causing a problem that I cannot seem to get around.

1/26/2010                                                                               

99232                                                                               

SUBSEQUENT HOSPITAL CARE                                                                               

MCI                                                                 TYIP                                              85                            85                       85                                                                               

BERKS     0                        -85                                                                               

1/27/2010                                                                               

99232                                                                               

SUBSEQUENT HOSPITAL CARE                                                                               

MCI                                                                 TYIP                                              85                            85                       85                                                                               

BERKS     0                        -85         

/code

I am using a 7 line trap, traping on 'BERKS' on line 7. This is the only value that is consistent and does not move. The second set is trapping correctly, the first set is not trapping at all. Monarch as inserted a page break in the middle of the set. Can't use page header, well, there is none. The monarch create page break cannot be trapped. I'm at a loss here.

FYI: The page break is being inserted between 99232 and subsequent hospital care lines.

• Page Break Issue
          Olly Bond

Hello Elgin,

You might have a report with some strange non-printing control codes in the source. Have you checked the relevant box in Options > Input?

HTH

Olly

• Page Break Issue
              elginreigner _

Olly, my man, knew you'd be around. I have checked all of the relevant options under Input, unfortunately no luck so far. I have brainstormed with a coworker and have possible fix but wont be able to try until a little bit later.

The file currently comes as an excel file(Normally good, but when a text file is saved as an excel file). I load it into Monarch and export a fixed width text file to trap against. The idea is to remove the blank lines from the exported text file. When Monarch adds the page break, I should then be able to trap on the blank line. Wish me luck.

• Page Break Issue
                  elginreigner _

I have updated my format change to filter blank lines, this helped a lot, but not the entire issue. Apparently either on my system or Monarch alone, there is a visual glitch based on the Monarch page break. The values are being trapped but just not visually showing the fields. After analzying 5500 records manually, I located this issue. I also fixed my problem, the client wrote off accounts to a test agency, which obviously does not get trapped under my 'BERKS' trap.

Thanks for any input, as all have help in my troubleshooting process.