8 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:11 AM by Kimberly _ RSS

Server Busy Error Message pop-up v9.01 & V10.5 PRO

Kimberly _

Every so often I get a pop-up error message when exporting Monarch Summary to Excel as a new file. The error message states:

'This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem'

BUTTONS below error message are 'Switch To' (which is like clicking on the Start menu), 'Retry', 'Cancel' (option is grayed out and not available).

I normally keep clicking 'Retry' until the export is completed.

I have read many of the similar posts of this problem and not sure if a solution to the problem was found to resolve the error message.

I get this message in two different place: 1. my local machine 'laptop' v9.01 2. virtual server where I run bat scheduled files v10.5

The exported excel report is directed to a mapped drive.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

I have tried to recreate the problem but I cannot. It happens every so often but when it is 'stuck' on the virtual server jobs get backed up and I end up running the manual jobs that were missed once I notice the problem.

OOS: Windows XP service pack3 (laptop)

OOS: Windows Server Standard service pack 1 (virtual server)

• Server Busy Error Message pop-up v9.01 & V10.5 PRO
          elginreigner _

I've seen this numerous times, usually do to insufficient RAM. Manually running exports, usually never a problem. Where are you running your virtual server? On your laptop or another machine?

Kimberly _

I sign into the virtual server through a remote connection on my laptop.

elginreigner _

Where is the virtual server hosted? On another PC, hosted via  website, running on your laptop?

Edit: Is everything on your mapped drives? This may be an issue of your server that holds the files is getting bogged down, or can't sustain the write operations it needs to.

Kimberly _

The virtual server is located on esx host. The bat schedules that I run on the virtual server does use mapped drives (C to open monarch and run projected) and (O to copy the files with applied date and delete non dated file). see below syntax:

ECHO OFF

REM **********************************************************************************

REM *     This is a month end process for the following files and reports:           *

REM *     TRAUN@AUD

REM *                                                                                *

REM *     Contacts:Kimberly Bowden                                                   *

REM **********************************************************************************

REM * TRAN@AUD to run 'Daily Revenue Report'                                         *

C:

"\Program Files\Monarch\program\monarch.exe" "O:\Fiscal_Services\Monarch\Monarch_Project\TRANAUD_Daily_Rev.xprj" /pxall

REM * Setting up the current date and time to be used to date stamp the output files *

REM *                                                                                *

Set CURRDATE=%TEMP%\CURRDATE.TMP

Set CURRTIME=%TEMP%\CURRTIME.TMP

DATE /T > %CURRDATE%

TIME /T > %CURRTIME%

Set PARSEARG="eol=; tokens=1,2,3,4* delims=/, "

For /F %PARSEARG% %%i in (%CURRDATE%) Do SET YYYYMMDD=%%l%%k%%j

Set PARSEARG="eol=; tokens=1,2,3* delims=:, "

For /F %PARSEARG% %%i in (%CURRTIME%) Do Set HHMM=%%i%%j%%k

O:

CD "\Fiscal_Services\Daily_Rev\Data\"

COPY Daily_Rev.xls "DAILY REVENUE %YYYYMMDD%.XLS"

copy "%YYYYMMDD%.XLS" "O:\ADMIN\Daily_Rev\.*"

O:

CD "\Fiscal_Services\Daily_Rev\Data\"

del Daily_Rev*

del "*%YYYYMMDD%.XLS"

Kimberly _

I just had the virtual server set up with a scheduled reboot time once a week. I also had the virtual server updated with most recent miscroft updates as this hadn't been done for awhile - hoping this fixes my issues. I also did the updates for my laptop.