5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:11 AM by elginreigner _ RSS

Summary Export with Record Number

rob.lyles _

Hi,

Is there a way to export a summary, along with a field that displays each record number? Do I have to write an expression? If so, can anyone help?

Thanks,

R

• Summary Export with Record Number
          elginreigner _

A new field using the RecNo() as the value of the field could do.

rob.lyles _

I just tried that as a calculated field, and hope thats the right way, and in table view it shows the record number. However, this table is a purchase order table in which I have sorted by Buyer Name. So in that view alone, the record number field does not match the sorting. It would be nice for it to appear in the sequence of the record number display built in to Monarch on the table and summary view. That is essentially what I want to export. So having said that, when I take this new field to a summary, it either wants to sum the record numbers as a measure field, or display all of the record numbers pertaining to the summary. In short for the summary or even table export for that matter, I would love to be able to export that far left column that is built into Monarch that shows a sequence number of what you are currently viewing. It starts at 1 and keeps increasing with each summary return record or table record. That is what I am struggling to achieve. Sorry I was not as clear the first time. How would I do this??

Thanks for the help!

Olly Bond

I just tried that as a calculated field, and hope thats the right way, and in table view it shows the record number. However, this table is a purchase order table in which I have sorted by Buyer Name. So in that view alone, the record number field does not match the sorting. It would be nice for it to appear in the sequence of the record number display built in to Monarch on the table and summary view. That is essentially what I want to export. So having said that, when I take this new field to a summary, it either wants to sum the record numbers as a measure field, or display all of the record numbers pertaining to the summary. In short for the summary or even table export for that matter, I would love to be able to export that far left column that is built into Monarch that shows a sequence number of what you are currently viewing. It starts at 1 and keeps increasing with each summary return record or table record. That is what I am struggling to achieve. Sorry I was not as clear the first time. How would I do this??

Thanks for the help![/QUOTE]

Hello

This needs two passes - in the first model define the calculated field as Rowno() not Recno(), and this will follow the sort order of the table. You can't use Rowno() in a summary, though, so you have to export the sorted table first, and here I'd recommend exporting as MDB, then in another project open this table and the field will be available for the summary.

HTH,

Olly