2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:10 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Help Building a Model

Allison Mangini

I am stuck!  I am having hard time capturing this information.  I have a few paragraphs that look like this and I am trying to extract the lines only...  Not the spaces in between the lines.  I thought I had trapped them successfully until I looked at my table and only the first line copies over.

I am trapping them in an append template.  Will that work?  There are other columns before this one that have a date and member name field.  Those I was using as a detail template.

Here's the column I need to trap (preferably in one column and row).

Last Name, First Name (5/27/2011 3:00:05 pm): share account share with suffix 0 created                                                                               

successfully    Last Name, First Name (5/27/2011 3:00:05 pm): member account successfully                                                                               

created: 904152    system (5/27/2011 2:58:47 pm): note: fraud passed -- applicant (member                                                                               

a name) credit report does not contain fraud warning.    system (5/27/2011 2:58:47 pm):                                                                               

note: ofac passed -- applicant (member a name) credit report does not contain ofac                                                                               

warning.    Last Name, First Name (5/27/2011 2:57:38 pm): efunds id verification decision for                                                                               

member a name has been overridden for the following reason: verified thru id and ss                                                                               

Last Name, First Name (5/27/2011 2:55:53 pm): efunds report pulled for member a name:                                                                               

efunds qualifile decision: accept  chexid: 11er50150xxx  ssn validation: became                                                                               

available for issuance in 1993 in fl                 ssn:n  recommended actions:  none    efunds                                                                               

id verification result: failed  id verification transaction id: 1391734xxx    efunds ofac                                                                               

result: passed  ofac transaction id: 1391734xxx                                                  

/CODE

Part of my problem could also be that I don't fully understand how the field properties menu box works but I don't know if that's the issue.  Can anyone give me any insight on properly trapping this?

Thanks!

• Help Building a Model
          Olly Bond

Hello Allison

If you're data is really wrapping this badly you can use the MSRP tool from the Downloads section of the Datawatch site to run through it first, replacing "Last" with CR/LF"Last" to force the lines to behave. I think you need ASCII codes 10 and 13 for this.

Best wishes

Olly

• Help Building a Model
              Olly Bond

Hello again,

Sorry - I didn't realize exactly what you needed to do. Trap the field as a memo field called , but using a footer template, not an append, and in the advanced field properties, select End Field On either Blank Lines 2 or None of the Above. Then a calculated field = intrim () should give you what you need.

Best wishes

Olly