4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:10 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Need help trapping using a multi line floating template

TMERRYMAN _

I am trying to trap a voucher number on this report.  However I only want the first voucher number for my field "ACH#"; in this case it would be "3100000100".  Is this possible?  Also, I'll mention that I have each of the lines beginning with dates as my detail lines to grab the invoice number and invoice amount.  Also, I need to use a floating trap.  Any help would be appreciated!

Invoice       Invoice Voucher                                                             

Date           Number  Number                     Amount             Description          

04/17/2011       0307003-IN                   3100000100      $510.00                     

04/17/2011       0307398-IN                   3100000107      $2,556.00      Cust 0001258 

04/15/2011       0306195-IN                   3100000109      $2,236.50      Cust 0001258 

04/15/2011       0306205-IN                   3100000112      $1,278.00      Cust 0001258 

/CODE

• Need help trapping using a multi line floating template
          Olly Bond

Hello TMerryman

Yes, it can be done. But you might need some help from the "invisible" data that gives context. Is the voucher number always the first one on each page?

Or is it the absence of a CUST the best key to identify the special detail records?

Best wishes

Olly

TMERRYMAN _

Hello TMerryman

Yes, it can be done. But you might need some help from the "invisible" data that gives context. Is the voucher number always the first one on each page?

Or is it the absence of a CUST the best key to identify the special detail records?

Best wishes

Olly[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not necessarily the first number on every page, but it's the first number below the column headings.

TMERRYMAN _

Hello TMerryman

Best wishes

Olly[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not necessarily the first number on every page, but it's the first number below the column headings.  The absence of CUST varies.

Olly Bond

Hello TMerryman,

Sorry for the delay - I'm travelling all week and haven't got access to Monarch.

You'll need a detail template that traps every line of good data, as you identified, and then to grab the append data, you might find that when you try to use a multi-line template it will stop selecting data just above that crucial first record you´re looking for.

There´s a workaround, easy in Monarch Pro, which is to use a separate model with a detail template that traps only the first line of data, and to join the two data sets using an external lookup with a key based on Page() and Line().

Hope this helps,

Olly