2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:10 AM by MonUserCJ _ RSS

Issue using source filter with CSV files

MonUserCJ _

Hey all,

I often will attempt to open a CSV file as a database. When I attempt to use a source filter that filters based on whether there is a string in a certain field, I get the error:

"Functions are not supported for the current database type."

Is there a way I can troubleshoot this issue? It's not a big deal, but I'm just wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong when trying to apply the filter. Is it because Monarch can't recognize the field as a text field at the point of import? I'd appreciate any advice anyone can give. Thanks.

• Issue using source filter with CSV files
          Data Kruncher

According to the online help for the Source Filter Dialog:

"The functions normally seen in this type of dialog are unavailable, as import filters do not support the Monarch functions."

Meaning that you can filter for items like precise literals like ="WEST" or specified values such as >100, but you cannot add any Monarch function to this filter as you would normally when building filters in the Table window.

Unless you can narrow your selection in this manner first, then you'll need to load the entire file and then apply a Table window filter.

HTH.