Hello RCBarr and welcome
There are at least three approaches that can help here - which one is best will depend on your data and the output requirements. You could explore the "preceding string" in the advanced field properties. You could manage the data with footer templates that are "cleared by" the detail template. Or you could define a memo field and chop it up using Textline().
How many possible options are there for lines 4-6 of each data set?
Preceding string almost works, but not quite. For instance, in the case of the "Effective Date:", when viewing the table a date value appears in the table row after the relevent detail template fields. In subsequent table lines, it often repeats the same date value even if the original data doesn't include an effective date.
I'm working in version 8 and am not certain it has the "cleared by" capability; if so this may work. Does v8 have "cleared by"?
I'm not certaing how to begin crafting the memo option you suggested.
In each data instance, lines 4, 5 and 6 may not appear at all, or may appear as a 4 line entry, a 5 line entry or a 6 line entry, with multiple combinations of any of these:
HMO PRECERTIFICATION NEEDED:
Precertification Required for HMO 10 - ABC?:
I was able to successfully model the sample using v9, which like v8, does not offer the "cleared by" feature in the template definition.
To do so, I employed a combination of the "guru trap", and being certain to set preceding string values.
I began with a three line detail template, using the text "procedure code:" for the trap line.
Then I built four separate append templates, one for each of the lines that may be included with each record. Be sure to set the trap line for each append template to "procedure code:", just as you did for the detail template. Yes, it's odd, but it works.
For the Termination Date, I used the string "termination date". For Effective Date, it was "effective date". For the Precertification Needed field, it was "precertification needed". Finally, for the HMO 10 - ABC field, it was "hmo 10".
Setting the Options -> View null values as an empty string, the table displays the following:
100 ANESTHESIA G:ANESTH SVCS/SUPPL
420 OBSOLETE PROCEDURE/DIAG CODE G:ANESTH SVCS/SUPPL 1/1/2000
24300 SURGICAL PROCEDURES G:SURG MUSCULOSKELETAL SYST 1/1/2002
63030 SURGICAL PROCEDURES G:SURG NERVOUS SYST Y HMO/POS REFERRAL REQUIRED
63051 SURGICAL PROCEDURES G:SURG NERVOUS SYST 1/1/2005 Y REFERRAL REQUIRED
/CODESorry the columns don't line up too well here in the forum.
This approach should work equally well in v8.