3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:10 AM by KEVIN KENNEDY RSS

Mass Import / Export Capability

madmax _

Is there a way to upload multiple reports to Monarch and open multiple model files (each specific to a specific report) in batch mode and then export data files as separate files for each report in batch mode as well?  For instance, I have Report files (1-5) that utilize model files (1a - 5a) and extract data files (1c - 5c) so that I am individually importing 5 report files, opening 5 model files, and extracting 5 data files.  I am wondering if this can all be done in one import, one model open, and one data extraction transaction (all in a batch mode)?

Thanks very much for any helpful insight!!

• Mass Import / Export Capability
          Grant Perkins

Hello madmax and welcome to the forum!

Your description suggests that you have 5 foles of different format, so 5 models and thus 5 exports. Thus they need to be 5 separate processes. However there is no reason, so far as I can tell, why you cannot include all of the 5 separate processes in a single click to kick off a batch file or by utilising some form of windows code (VB, etc.) if you are of the programming persuasion.

Check out the Help files for Commands for the batch file route or consider downloading the Programmers File from teh Datawatch web site if the VB route has greater appeal. You may also want to check out the [URL="http://www.********************"]www.********************[/URL] web site and the Monarch Batch File Generator available from that excellent resource.

HTH.

Grant

• Mass Import / Export Capability
            Data Kruncher

Greetings and welcome to the forum!

Yes, you can do this in a fairly straightforward manner.

Because you're using five reports with different content/layout, and you have five associated models, I'd create five project files which combine the information about the report and the model into one document that Monarch can open. Further, project files allow for defining desired exports in advance.

Then a batch file can run the five projects in sequence, such as:

start "Pass1" /wait "C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /prj:"C:\MyFolder\MyProject1.xprj" /pxall

start "Pass2" /wait "C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /prj:"C:\MyFolder\MyProject2.xprj" /pxall

start "Pass3" /wait "C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /prj:"C:\MyFolder\MyProject3.xprj" /pxall

start "Pass4" /wait "C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /prj:"C:\MyFolder\MyProject4.xprj" /pxall

start "Pass5" /wait "C:\Program Files\Monarch\Program\Monarch.exe" /prj:"C:\MyFolder\MyProject5.xprj" /pxall[/CODE]It is "one import, one model open, and one data extraction" for each report. The caveat here is that the report files must always be saved with the same name. So always save the 1a report as 1a and always save 1b as 1b. That sort of thing.

That said, you can open a new report (that has the same structure) on the command line when opening a project file. This will replace the default report(s) that the project opens initially.

HTH,

Kruncher

Edit: Ah, cross posting again. At least the ideas are consistent.