0 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:10 AM by LKen _ RSS

Excel Input Options - First Row Contains Column Names

LKen _

Hello,

I'm experiencing issues when opening excel files with MDP v 10.5 when using the "*" wild card character in the file name and the "First Row Contains Column Names" option NOT checked.  Leaving the "First Row Contains Column Names" option not checked is necessary as the first row in the Excel file often changes but the underlying data is consistent and is able to import with default column headers of F1, F2 etc..

Prior to running the process, I’ve confirmed the “First Row Contains Column Names" option is not checked both in the “Input” menu of the process and the Monarch Project.  The process fails with the following error “OLE DB internal error: No value given for one or more required parameters.” When I open the Project to review the import information, the "First Row Contains Column Names" is checked. 

Is there a know issue of the input options being overridden by MDP, more specifically the "First Row Contains Column Names" option?  Processes using the “*” wild card character in the file name and the "First Row Contains Column Names" option checked do not have issues.

Thanks in advance for your help!