4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:10 AM by Bill Watson RSS

Multiple Lines for Each Record w/Blank lines between Each

BThurber _

I have a PDF file that represents a detailed AR aging report. Each detail record (think invoices and potential payments) may or may not have a blank line in between. Also, each detail record may or may not have a "TYPE" assigned. I want to capture all detailed lines within each customer in one detail record and then append customer number and name, so that I wind up with a table that has "Customer:", "Name" and then the individual lines of detail. I have tried a multi-line detail record trap but it doesn't seem to capture everything.

I have posted a sample below.

Customer:        TEST02                                          Name:       Test Customer                                                           Account    Type:     Open    Item                                                                               

Document    Number            Type        Date                      Amount                               Current               31 - 60 Days               61 - 90 Days               91 and  Over                                                                               

26692                         SLS           12/31/2010               $33.75                                                          $33.75                                                                               

26896                         SLS             2/1/2011              $182.00                              $182.00                                                                               

26916                         SLS             2/1/2011              $455.00                              $455.00                                                                               

26995                         SLS            1/31/2011               $88.12                               $88.12                                                                               

23729                                        3/22/2010                                                  ($10.93)                                                                               

PYMNT09571                                   9/28/2010                                                    ($0.50)                                                                               

27004                         SLS            1/31/2011              $150.00                              $150.00                                                                               

27005                         SLS            1/31/2011              $725.00                              $725.00                                                                               

Balance                                                                               

Totals:                      $1,588.69                     $33.75                      $0.00                      $0.00                       $0.00                  $1,622.44   /CODE

I tried to copy and paste (with code tags) what the desired output would look like, but essentially I am looking to have the following fields in the columns as indicated:

Column A - Cust

Column B - Name

Column C - Document Number

Column D - Document Type

Column E - Document Date

Column F - Current

Column G - 31 to 60 Days

Column H - 61 to 90 Days

Column I - 91 and Over

Column J - Total

Can someone chime in and make a suggestion? Thanks!