5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:10 AM by elginreigner _ RSS

Monarch Pro 11

elginreigner _

Anyone have any idea when they will support 64bit 100%? There is a system here that it works on (sort of) but Im looking to get a new system, with about 16GB of ram/64bit.

• Monarch Pro 11
          elginreigner _

Received a response from a Sales rep. He basically stated it should be 100% 64bit but he was not sure and will let me know. I will update if I hear anything from Sales or Support.

• Monarch Pro 11
              Scott Eshleman

I've been using Monarch 10.5 PRO[/B] daily[/U] on a 64-bit PC running Windows 7 Professional flawlessly since 11/2010. 

I could only cost-justify 8GB of ram to my supervisor...

• Monarch Pro 11
                  elginreigner _

What was the large file size and record size you have worked with? The reason I ask, is lots of people are stating their 64bit works until they open a large file and Monarch crashes.

• Monarch Pro 11
                      Scott Eshleman

What was the large file size and record size you have worked with? The reason I ask, is lots of people are stating their 64bit works until they open a large file and Monarch crashes.[/QUOTE]

The only time that I have had Monarch (10.5 PRO) 'struggle' was while crunching an [U]obscene[/U][/I] number of rows, with mulitiple simultaneous sorts[/B] and Advanced filters that while pulling their selections are also reviewing multiple fields for unique and/or duplicate rows[/B]. I also believe that particular project used[B] 2-3 external lookups[/B] as well. I had 3 or 4 Summaries built for analysis of all of the data.

I remember switching to the Summary View and leaving work to allow Monarch to crunch numbers overnight...with nothing else running on the PC (except anti-virus).

From that experience, I have found my best user experiences doing an annual review one (30-day 2,200-page) report month-at-a-time rather than 365 2,200-page reports all at once.

But as a test for you, I just loaded a Monarch project that opens 13 report files. Each mainframe (text) report file approximately 18mb[/B] and each of the 2200+ pages (in each report) is 132-characters wide with 60 lines per page.

The Page Headers are 7 lines and the Detail records are 3 lines each with fields extracted from each line.

The unfiltered table contained 584,000 rows

opened in 30 seconds with a single sort on the 9-digit Tax ID Number

opened in 36 seconds with a sort on both the 9-digit Tax ID Number and the 10-digit Account Number.

/LIST

Applying a compound filter consisting of 4 simpler filters, added only 5-10 seconds to the table 'refresh'. (one of those filters used the Advanced "Unique Records" review on the Date and Account Number fields.) This filter reduced the record count to 2801.

Switching to the Summary window (still using the compound filter), the refresh took approx 90 seconds, calculating 5 SUM fields for the 2801 accounts.

Removing the filter on the Summary took the number of accounts to 51,000. Totalling those same 5 SUM fields took 40 seconds for the 51,000 accounts.

/LISTOne very important point to mention: While doing these Monarch trials in Windows 7, I was also running an instance VMware Workstation (7.1.3 build-324285[/SIZE])

hosting a Windows XP image for a database reporting tool that doesn't run on Windows 7 at the same time.

I also have Outlook 2007 running and two instances of IE8, each with 7-10 open tabs.

• Monarch Pro 11
                          elginreigner _

This is all good news. Although, I do create projects with larger files, 200+MB sometimes, and I have hit the row limit many times, your test covers my average project for clients. I usually have close to the same software running (Spiceworks Server and AVG admin run on my station). I'm sure by the time I will get approval, purchase and setup the next version of Monarch will be out anyway.

Thank you very much for you testing and for your feedback. I should finally be able to say goodbye to 4GB of memory.