1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:09 AM by Data Kruncher RSS

Newbie to Monarch

cjs1685 _

Hi All,

So I just started using Monarch 9.01 about two days ago.  I believe I have all the basics down, but there is one thing that is bothering me that I am sure Monarch can do that I can not find.  I am uploading a text file into Monarch with the sole purpose to eventually export it to Excel (it's easier and faster then text to columns).  The only thing I need to know, is if it is possible to add a Total Line to my source data without capturing the one provided on the text file or by using the Summary view.

I basically want to take just the data lines from my text file, import into Monarch, add a total line, and then export to Excel.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

• Newbie to Monarch
          Data Kruncher

Welcome to the forum.

You want to build a summary in the Summary window to total to your data. You cannot add totals in the Table window.

Add at least one field as a "Key" field, and on the Display tab, enable the "Insert subtotal line" option.

There's a good introduction to summaries in the Learning Guide that should have been installed alongside Monarch.