11 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:09 AM by Data Kruncher RSS

Summary Export to Excel

imapw _

I have just recently upgraded to Monarch 10.5 (from a really old version 5 or 6?) and I'm running into a problem when I try and export Summaries to a spreadsheet.  In the past I have been able to export and override existing tables within the spreadsheet, but now when I try and export it "skips" and won't work.  If I delete the old tabs and allow it to create new tabs it will work, but then when I export a second time to update - it wants to put the new export in new tabs instead of overriding the old ones.  Anyone have a solution - I'm hoping it's just an option that I'm not checking or something.

Thanks!

• Summary Export to Excel
          Data Kruncher

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'll assume that you're using models created with v5/v6. It's possible that you need to adjust the Excel driver that Monarch is using to export to Excel files.

Go to the Options->Export and Clipboard Options dialog, and set the XLS item to Excel 97+ (Monarch V9) and try again.

If that doesn't correct it, then we'll go from there.

imapw _

No it is already set to Excel 97+ (v9) - I did try putting it back to the previous version to see if that would work - it didn't.

Data Kruncher

Ah, right... you deleted the destination sheet. Monarch defines range names in the Excel file to help build the exports, and when you deleted the sheet, you generated a problem with the range name in the existing file.

Delete the range name that has the name of the sheet that you deleted, save and close the workbook and rerun the Monarch export. Success?

Edit: When there's a problem with the existing range name that Monarch wants to use in the Excel file (#REF errors), it completes the export without generating any errors, but doesn't actually complete the export.

elginreigner _

Just as Data said, if the named range is altered, Monarch will not export.

imapw _

Already thought of that and tried it.  First I deleted the tabs and then the export worked.  The second export to update went to new tabs (the name with a 1 behind it).  I then deleted all the tabs and the named ranges.  The first export worked, the second to update went back to the "skipped" scenario and didn't update at all.

Joe Berry

This may be way too simple, but is the table info set to overwrite the existing table in you export?

imapw _

When exporting a summary[/I] it doesn't give me the option.  I am given the option to overwrite or add to the file, but not overwrite or append to the table - just to export individual summaries or all (I'm picking all).

imapw _

OK now I've tried to create a whole new file - I have exported the summaries - worked fine, but when I try and update them - again they are "skipped".  I am not given the option to choose between appending data or overwriting data.  Is this normal?  Should we just stick with the old version of Monarch that worked?

Joe Berry

In both the single export and the project export setup I have the dialog to append or overwrite both the file and the table.  Have you tried setting up something simple from scratch since you started out with a model/project from an older version?

I can say that the differences in 10.5 compared to 5 or 6 are well worth some "getting aquainted" pain.  This glitch is really something simple I'm sure....that is once we have a solution.