4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:09 AM by elginreigner _ RSS

Support

elginreigner _

What is everyone's typical turn-around for support lately? It use to be minutes. Not sure what changed, but it took them 4 days to answer me. And they answer with questions.

• Support
          Olly Bond

Hello Elgin,

I've heard no complaints about the European support on Monarch and DataPump - I'm not sure what the situation is in the US.

Best wishes,

Olly

• Support
              elginreigner _

So far, that was the only reply I got. It has been 6 hours, with no new to return. This is partly why I've decided to code my own data pump. I would not spend more money on Datawatch when they cannot support even the smallest of their applications.

• Support
              joey

For what it's worth I've found these forums and particularly Gareth much more helpful in answering Data Pump questions than support.   I've pretty much given up on contacting them for most of the issues I find with data Pump and finding work arrounds myself. I'm still a fan of the product, but I don't use it for as much as I'd like to partially due to the level of support available.

I'm sure the support is much better for Monarch than Data Pump, but I rarely run into issues with Data Pump.

• Support
                  elginreigner _

It must the initial start of suppor that has changed. In the last 24 hours, I have gotten a lot more from support. So far no luck on getting issue fixed, but their current suggestion is a corrupt .net installation. This is getting re-installed this coming weekend when there are no users on the sytem.

If I remember correctly, I think someone in the past has mentioned that their support had changed from inhouse to outsourced.

With Data pump prices, I would expect the best support but not sure. The benefits to me coding my own data pump is I have more control over it, I can add features that we need that my not server other users. Also, it is being integrated with my client website, to help monitor file submissions.