I would expect that a v6 Monarch project file would be .prj, and a model file would be .mod. Both of these could be converted using the Monarch Utility provided with Monarch.
I've never seen a dpf file and I'd be fascinated to know what it is. Do you think you could email it to me? Perhaps it's an early format for a DataPump process definition - in which case extracting the relevant projects and links to models should[/B] be feasible...
The internet rocks, found these too Olly:
•DanProgrammer (Script) by DanSoft
•Dataplore Figure(analysis of signals and time series data)
•DeltaDOS Delta Patch File
•Dictaphone Walkabout Express
•Document Processor (FLOW Project File)
•Dynamic Process Format (Database) by BarcoPrinted
•F-Secure (Default Policy File) by F-Secure
The file looks as below, the extension of the file is .dpf:
That's definitely an old DataPump format. I don't have an XML export of a modern DataPump process to hand here - but PreProcessing and PostProcessing give it away. DataPump used to exist in a desktop "Personal" edition - we're talking ten years ago, so Monarch v6 would sound right - and with DataPump you have a "process" - a sequence of projects (each calling their associated input data and model). As well as the project files, it allows you to run scripts at different stages (pre & post processing) and manages distributions for you.
It looks from this that the DPF format did away with Monarch Project files and let you just specify the input & model. To convert it, I think you're going to need to contact Datawatch support, or even the developers. You could convert the ModelFile=D:\ABCD\PQ.MOD into an XMOD easily using Monarch or Utility. You'd need to build a new project file to specify the input and export paths, and I'm guessing that the only project export here was:
... so writing out to the PQ table in the UAT database with credentials ABC,XYZ, but whether ReplaceRecords=2 means "overwrite" or "append" I've no idea.
As olly says, DPFs are the datafile of choice for old versions of datapump - we still have an archive folder full of them from our old version 5 DP.
I can't recall what we did exactly when we moved to DP8, but I am pretty sure we had to create projects and then add them into our new installation manually. It gave us the opportunity to cleanse a lot of the processes which had got convoluted over the years.
Edit: I tell a lie - have a look at Program Files > Datawatch > Monarch Datapump > Utilities > Conversion Tool
This seems to allow you to take DP6 DPF files and create DP7 (in my version of the tool) Project files. You would then manually add each project to the new Datapump processes. The project files created with this tool are perfectly usable, however they do not use any functionality from later versions of monarch.