3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:09 AM by TMERRYMAN _ RSS

The LSplit function

TMERRYMAN _

I am having a bit of trouble trying to create calculated fields that will split one of my fields into 3 seperate fields.  I decided to try using the Mid_XL function along with the LSplit function, however, it isn't working as expected.  I am not sure what the problem is.  It seemed to work on the first part I wanted to pull out, but not the second and third.

Here is the field I want to split:

CustomerTaxCode

X CODE:  TX  n Date: 11/01/2010  TM R Date: 11/01/2010   STOMER NO:  0005716 -

X CODE:  TX VIC X CODE:  TX VICVIC -

/CODE

I would like to split it where the "x code:" falls in the field, resulting in 3 parts.  I'll need to pull specific data from each of these parts, but I can work on that later.  I can't seem to get the split right.  With the formula I am using, no data is pulling into the new field. 

Here is my formula for the calculated field to extract the second part:

lsplit(,3,"x code:",2)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Teresa

• The LSplit function
          Nick Osdale-Popa

I am having a bit of trouble trying to create calculated fields that will split one of my fields into 3 seperate fields.  I decided to try using the Mid_XL function along with the LSplit function, however, it isn't working as expected.  I am not sure what the problem is.  It seemed to work on the first part I wanted to pull out, but not the second and third.

Here is the field I want to split:

CustomerTaxCode

X CODE:  TX  n Date: 11/01/2010  TM R Date: 11/01/2010   STOMER NO:  0005716 -

X CODE:  TX VIC X CODE:  TX VICVIC -

/CODE

I would like to split it where the "x code:" falls in the field, resulting in 3 parts.  I'll need to pull specific data from each of these parts, but I can work on that later.  I can't seem to get the split right.  With the formula I am using, no data is pulling into the new field. 

Here is my formula for the calculated field to extract the second part:

lsplit(,3,"x code:",2)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Teresa[/QUOTE]

if your input field () is all CAPS, change your separator to "X CODE:" or change the formula to:

lsplit(Upper(),3,"X CODE:",2)