2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:09 AM by MonUserCJ _ RSS

Question about making template with floating trap for log file

MonUserCJ _

Hello,

A server-based software I work with generates a number of error logs when problems happen on client machines using the software. Each row on an error log lists information such as the software module, version, date, computer name, and the error message.

I want to filter out rows from the error logs that only deal with a specific computer. I create a detail template with a floating trap with the name of the machine (the machine name normally appears in the middle of the line). This selects the correct rows, but the field I want to define would include the entire row of an error on that computer.

The field is being limited to be only up to the name of the machine that I am trapping on. I have seen this happen with floating traps before, and I realize that I could have one field for the text before the machine name and one for after it, but I was hoping that there might be a better way to do this in Monarch. I want the field to contain the entire row that the computer name appears on.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do this? I would appreciate any advice that anyone can give. Thanks.