4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:09 AM by crhowell _ RSS

One report file, multple exports using different fields

crhowell _

I have one report, a Admission Daily Report, that needs to go to two sets of customers.  One set of customers wants all the data fields and the other only wants a few of the data fields.  Do I need to build two models or can I do this with one model?

• One report file, multple exports using different fields
          RalphB _

Charles, you don't need two separate models to do this.  All you need to do is hide the columns the other one doesn't want to see.

I have some models set up that I export out different columns to different spreadsheets by hiding/displaying the columns necessary.

Try that out.

Ralph

• One report file, multple exports using different fields
              Olly Bond

Hello Charles, hello Ralph,

While it's perfectly possible to manually hide or unhide fields just by viewing the Field List or by right-clicking on the fields, Monarch won't, AFAIK, let you automate the export of a table view other than for the current list of visible fields.

So if you have a daily report to output in two formats, then either two models are needed, or you can create a summary showing the required fields for the second view and export that. Using a summary with Recno() defined as a hiddeen key will avoid any aggregation, but depends on your export not requiring any sort order to be applied.

Best wishes,

Olly