11 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:08 AM by elginreigner _ RSS

Export Error to Excle

JLain _

What does the following error indicate when opening an excel export from Monarch?

"Excel found unreadable content in "MTD AR". Do you want to recover the contents of this workbox."

Even if you select yes a large portion of the data is left off in certain columns. Is this fixable in Monarch?

• Export Error to Excle
          Data Kruncher

Have a look at [URL="http://www.monarchforums.com/showthread.php?t=3454"]this thread[/URL] and then let us know if that helped or if you're still having problems.

• Export Error to Excle
              JLain _

DK,

Thanks. It is close. I'm not getting new sheets...rather, I getting the correct number of lines but about half way through the data complete cells are missing and dates are showing as numbers. I tried just exporting from a filter rather than an export project and got the same results

• Export Error to Excle
                  Data Kruncher

Does exporting work properly if you output to a brand new workbook?

• Export Error to Excle
                      JLain _

That's what I expected but no...therein lies my frustration...outside of potentially rewriting the entire project again

• Export Error to Excle
                          Data Kruncher

Corrupted models/projects are really unusual, but it does happen.

Apart from that, I'm out of ideas at the moment.

• Export Error to Excle
                              JLain _

that's unfortunate.  thanks for your time

• Export Error to Excle
                                  Olly Bond

Hello JLain,

Sorry for pitching up late, but I couldn't see from the thread what version of Monarch you're using, and what version of Excel you're writing to. Also relevant might be the size of the data set.

If you can share the model and source with us, please do feel free to email them to me and I'll see if Monarch v10.5 Pro can export to Excel 2007, which is what I'm running here in Windows Vista.

Another quick check to isolate the issue would be to export to MDB (Access) format, which is what Monarch uses to store the data in memory anyway, so shouldn't have any issues, and then to open this in a new Monarch session and try to export to Excel from that. If there is a corruption in the first model, this might help you get a workaround.

Best wishes,

Olly

• Export Error to Excle
                                      elginreigner _

Hello JLain,

Sorry for pitching up late, but I couldn't see from the thread what version of Monarch you're using, and what version of Excel you're writing to. Also relevant might be the size of the data set.

/QUOTE

Excellent idea Olly, I know where you're going with this.

What kind of data is being exported? What are your export formatting options set to for XLS files?  I've seen this error before in an export from Crystal reports, but have never seen it remove data, just format it wrong.

• Export Error to Excle
                                          JLain _

This is the error that is happening...any ideas

• Export Error to Excle
                                              Data Kruncher

I'm just as curious as to the cause of the problem as I'm certain you must be, so let's try answering the questions to see if we can make some progress here.

what version of Monarch you're using, and what version of Excel you're  writing to. Also relevant might be the size of the data set. /quoteMonarch version number? Excel output is obviously .xls, but are you using Excel 2007 or Excel 2010, or perhaps older? How many records are you exporting?

What kind of data is being exported?[/quote]Dates, numbers, text?

What are your export formatting options set to for XLS files?[/quote]See the Options->Export and Clipboard dialog.