4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:08 AM by lindase4 _ RSS

Model Filter not available in XPRJ Editor

lindase4 _

When I create a model with a filter in Monarch and then use that model in the XPRJ Editor, the filter does not show up in the filter drop down list on the Model tab.  If I click on the Model Information button on the Model tab, it shows that there is a filter attached.  The filter also does not show up in the Filter drop down on the Export tab.

I am sure that I am missing something really blatant but I am unable to figure it out.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

• Model Filter not available in XPRJ Editor
          Olly Bond

Hello lindase,

Is your filter a database import filter? These are different from normal filters in that they are applied to the data before it reaches the table. They won't be available as an optional filter in the export dialog.

HTH,

Olly

lindase4 _

Hi! Thanks for responding so quickly.  No I don't believe it is an import Filter.  It is a filter I set up in the Model in the table window.  It is available for me to pick in the Export Wizard in Monarch Pro.  It doesn't follow though to Monarch DataPump.  I apologize that I am not well versed in the Monarch "terms".   Thanks!

Olly Bond

Hello Lindase,

Please don't apologise! I thought I should just check that you weren't confusing the two types of filter - just in case.

OK, so Monarch lets you see the filter when you're working with the project file, but is that from your desktop? And what about on the server where DataPump is running? Can you log in to the server, open the .xprj file in Monarch, and see the filter from there?

Are you running the same version of Monarch on the desktop as on the DataPump server?

Best wishes,

Olly