2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:08 AM by elginreigner _ RSS

Cleared By

elginreigner _

Hey all been awhile, definetly having a 'brain fart' today. I have a project setup with a detail and 2 appends. The 2nd append has the account number, I need the details lines that dont have a corresponding append to have their account number empty. I can't have a detail cleared by another detail and I cannot for the life of me remember how to set it up so it works properly.

Thanks in advance.

• Cleared By
          Olly Bond

Hello Elginreigner,

A couple of tricks that might help - if you can use a multiline template for append #1, and in a spare line enter the field for the account number, and then in advanced field properties select "preceding string" using the trap characters from your append #2 template?

Alternatively, you could create null template, perhaps as a page header or footer, that will act as a stop to clear your account #2 template cleanly?

HTH,

Olly

• Cleared By
              elginreigner _

Olly, thanks for the reply. Tried option 1, didnt have the intended results. Option 2 worked great, in between the account append and detail there is always a blank line and never a blank line anywhere else.