4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:07 AM by DannyCMui _ RSS

V7 - Multiple Language Models

DannyCMui _

Hi,

Is it possible for a single model to accommodate two different languages?  Some of our client files use English and French in their reports and I would like to create a model that'll will pick up both English and French wording.

Thanks for your time.

• V7 - Multiple Language Models
          Data Kruncher

The most flexible approach in building Monarch models is to use only the special trap characters, Alpha, Numeric, and the like, which remove language from the challenge entirely.

That said, sometimes it's just not possible based on the report structure, so create an English model that traps INVOICE, and a French model that traps FACTURE, for example. That is the sort of problem that you refer to, isn't it?

Perhaps a [URL="http://www.monarchforums.com/showthread.php?p=14938#post14938"]future version[/URL] of Monarch will allow internationalization such as this. Hmm...

DannyCMui _

Well that's what my company is currently using (Separate models for English and French).  My problem here is that one of our  clients runs billing that are sometimes in English and sometimes in French (the bills are either in 1 language or the other)  in the bill, so what one model picks up it will not pick up when it is in the other language, and our client is having a hard time finding the bills they are looking for.  The solution I'm hoping to is to create a model that will handle both languages at the same time.

Hope I made things a little clearer.

Data Kruncher

Is there something apart from the main data section of the report - maybe in the page header? - that distinguishes the language of the report?

Really I suppose that it wouldn't matter where it is. Is there any text anywhere that you can see that makes you say "Aha! This is the French report, not the English report!"

Something like "Invoice", and "InvoiceFr", maybe? Or am I overly hopeful?

Regardless, you'll (likely) need multiple models to handle this, but if there's something special there, then we can automate which model to use.