2 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:07 AM by Kamawell2 _ RSS

PDF Forms into Monarch?

Kamawell2 _

Hi everyone

I've got a large pdf file that contains multiple instances of a 2 page form created and populated by our payroll system.  If I open the pdf in Monarch (Pro 10.5) I get the text from a blank form, missing all the completed form field text.  Is there some way I can import the file into Monarch and retain the field information?

Thanks

Andy

• PDF Forms into Monarch?
          Data Kruncher

Hi Andy,

Are you saying that Monarch is reading the labels on the form, such as Employee Name and Address, but isn't reading the values that were populated in the form by a program, like Joe Employee on 123 My Street?

If so, that's one odd PDF. :confused:

I'd be tempted to send it in to Datawatch tech support for them to have a look.

Another trick that seems to work, if you have the software, is to open the PDF in a program that authors PDF files, such as Acrobat, and save to a new PDF file. Then open that file with Monarch. Any better?

If you can put together a sample that doesn't have any confidential info, send me a PM with an email contact and I'll send you a message so that you can send me the sample, and I give it a try.

• PDF Forms into Monarch?
              Kamawell2 _

Hi Andy,

Are you saying that Monarch is reading the labels on the form, such as Employee Name and Address, but isn't reading the values that were populated in the form by a program, like Joe Employee on 123 My Street?

If so, that's one odd PDF. :confused:[/QUOTE]

That's it!  I've tried it several times on different files (there's about half a dozen of them,) on both of the PCs we have with Monarch installed, one of which has Acrobat Reader and one Acrobat Pro, in case that made any difference. 

I'd be tempted to send it in to Datawatch tech support for them to have a look.

Another trick that seems to work, if you have the software, is to open the PDF in a program that authors PDF files, such as Acrobat, and save to a new PDF file. Then open that file with Monarch. Any better?

If you can put together a sample that doesn't have any confidential info, send me a PM with an email contact and I'll send you a message so that you can send me the sample, and I give it a try.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer but they're not really something I can send out.  I'll try saving the file again from within Acrobat.  Acrobat Pro is a new purchase for us and I'm not familiar with what it can do yet - I had assumed that form data would be exportable straight to Excel but can't see that it is (but that's an issue for an Adobe forum!)  Anyway, any time I see a pdf now I'm conditioned to reach straight for Monarch