3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:07 AM by jcbii _ RSS

Monarch's inserted page break causes problems

jcbii _

I have a report that has both single & double-line detail.  I set up a trap using the 2nd line to capture the double-line detail.  There are NO blank lines within any of the detail.  However, when Monarch inserts it's own page-break, it fails to pick up the double-line detail if the page break falls between the first & second line of the detail.

Is there any way to turn off the page-break that Monarch inserts so that all double-line detail can be picked up using the template?

• Monarch's inserted page break causes problems
          Olly Bond

Hello jcbii and welcome,

You can configure the Monarch page break in the Options > Input menu, the default is every 100 lines and the maximum is about 256. Annoyingly, you can't turn it off, or set it to 0.

To overcome this, you can define your trap as a single line template, and then define a field which starts on line 1 and ends on "none of the above" in the advanced tab of the field properties dialog.

This field will usually be one line, but will expand to two lines where the data requires it. If you can post a sample of the report here between and tags we'll be able to help with the specifics.

Best wishes,

Olly

jcbii _

Olly,

Thanks for the information.  I'm going to try your suggestion regarding the field that starts on line 1 and then ends on "none of the above".  I'll let you know how that turns out.

JC

jcbii _

Olly,

Ok, I think it worked!

I forgot to mention that there was an Account Number & Account Description line that preceded each group of detailed information.  So using your suggestion (starting on line 1 and ending on "none of the above" for the particular field in question) was picking up this information as part of the detail lines.  However, once I defined the Account/Account Description line as an append template, it was not included in the detail description field.  Now it looks like the double-line detail, single-line detail, and append information is being picked up properly by the two templates!

Thanks again for the information.  Much appreciated.

JC