3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:07 AM by Grant Perkins RSS

Is Monarch version 6 compatible with Ecel 2007

dbarrows _

Hi,

New to this forum. I am second level Tech support and do not use Monarch but I do support several users that do use it. They are using version 6 and we recently upgrade them to Office 2007 on Windows XP. They have told me that they are having problems getting the formatting to work in their templates since upgrading. I am just looking to find out if this should work or do I need to downgrade them back to Office 2003. I would guess that upgrading to the latest version of Monarch would correct the problem but that would require spending money that I don't think they want to spend right now. Thanks in advance for any input.

• Is Monarch version 6 compatible with Ecel 2007
          Grant Perkins

Hi dbarrows and welcome to the forum.

What sort of formatting problems and doing what in particular?

There have been some reported problems working in tandem with Excel 2007 even with recent versions. Quite a lot changed at both ends and V6 is pretty old now.

Does this previous post (there may well be others ...) seem at all familiar as a problem description?

http://www.monarchforums.com/showthread.php?t=2956[/URL]

Upgrading, depending on circumstances and use, might be more cost effective than people think, especially since otherwise the cost and (presumably) benefit of upgrading MS Office to 2007 is compromised if you need to downgrade some users. The additional power of Monarch V10.5 compared to V6 may well offer solutions for other cash wasting problems as well. I can't be sure but it may be worth a quick assessment.

Grant.

dbarrows _

Grant

Thanks for the reply. I have spoken to my end-user and suggested she register on this site and she may be able to find the exact info she is looking for.

Grant Perkins

Grant

Thanks for the reply. I have spoken to my end-user and suggested she register on this site and she may be able to find the exact info she is looking for.[/quote]

That sounds like a wise move. It's always difficult to be an intermediary and from the point of view of anyone able to offer assistance direct interaction with the problem owner often draws attention to things that would surely be missed by indirect communication, especially where there is no clear and obvious answer readily available.

It might be worth staying in the loop here though since the Excel upgrade/downgrade decision is likely to be involved in some way.

Grant