3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:07 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Notes section missing

jerice _

I am stripping a statement file, and there is a section of notes that is not on each page, but can be different each page.

ACCOUNT NUMBER : 00000000000 TOTAL CHARGES : 0.00
      NAME : MONARCH, MAN TOTAL PAYMENTS : 0.00
      ADDRESS : 7539 MONARCH WAY TOTAL ADJUST : 0.00

But sometimes the statement file could look like this:

ACCOUNT NUMBER : 00000000000 TOTAL CHARGES : 0.00
      NAME : MONARCH, MAN TOTAL PAYMENTS : 0.00
      ADDRESS : 7539 MONARCH WAY TOTAL ADJUST : 0.00
      ENT DATE OPCD COMMENT FOLLOW-UP
      ===========================================================================
      05-99-99 JER CHARGES FOR MONARCH SPENDING

When I try creating this notes section as a footer, it will paste the next footer found on the record, so that EVERY record has a notes section, whether it should or not. I've checked various things, and also checked the forum, but it has to be something small that I am missing.

Thanks,
      Justin

• Notes section missing
          Olly Bond

Hello Justin,

If you double click on your address field, and then on the Advanced tab, and set the field to "end on none of the above", then the field will continue until the next template is found.

Then in the table, you can extract the real address using Textline(;1) and your notes will appear as another calculated field using Extract(;[Address]; ).

HTH,

Olly

• Notes section missing
              jerice _

Then in the table, you can extract the real address using Textline(;1) and your notes will appear as another calculated field using Extract(;[Address]; ).

HTH,

Olly[/QUOTE]

Olly,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I have used the Textline before, but the Textline formula in a new calculated field still just pulls the incorrect notes.  Where does the Extract formula get placed?  I've tried it multiple different times, and it keeps coming up blank.

extract(Notes;AccountNumber; )

Thanks,

Justin

• Notes section missing
                  Olly Bond

Hello Justin,

Sorry - my post wasn't clear. You don't need a footer template at all if you use the advanced field properties this way.

First field: Content

Second field: More data

Third field: Address line

Third field: Address line

Notes: Only appear

Sometimes

Third field: Address line[/CODE]

Here, just define one detail template using a three line sample. In the first two lines, select the fields that you want. In the third line, select the entire line starting at the left margin, call the field "BigField". In the advanced properties,  set BigField to end on "none of the above".

In your table, create two calculated fields of the type "formula based". One, called Address, will have the formula Textline(;1). The second, called Notes, will have the formula Extract(;[Address]; ) - in other words, it picks up all the data in BigField after the Address bit.

HTH,

Olly