3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:07 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Need Assistance....

MelClifton _

I am using Monarch Pro 7 and I need to create a model that contains data from multiple lines on the report.  Each field of information contains at least 3 lines but could be more.  How do I define the model so that it catches all the lines necessary in the report?

I know how to create simple single lined models in Monarch but that is about it!

• Need Assistance....
          Olly Bond

Hello Mel,

Define a normal one line template. Select the field form the first line. Double click on the field. Click on the Advanced tab of the Field Properties dialog.

You can select options to end the field on a set line number, on the appearance of a blank line, on the end of left justification, or on none of the above. This last option will continue selecting data for the field until the next template (trap) occurs.

This will help you grab all 1, 2 or 3 lines into one field. If you need to grab the data into separate fields, you can either use the guru trap described elsewhere in this forum, or you can use Textline do create calculated fields in the Table window.

HTH,

Olly

• Need Assistance....
              MelClifton _

I have the Learning Guide with me but it doesn't seem to be written in a language I understand.  I dont even know how to create a model that extracts data from multiple lines within the report to show them on a single line in the template.

• Need Assistance....
                  Olly Bond

Hello Mel,

Don't worry - most of us were scratching our heads at this stage the first time around. Can you post the first couple of records here between and tags (without the spaces) and we can give you some more exact advice?

Best wishes,

Olly