4 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:07 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Seperate repeating question.

gschneyer _

A different report I'm trying to use Monarch on involves alot of repetition in data. There's one column that changes, but I don't need that column, so it eventually gets deleted in Excel anyway. When I set the trap it tends to read almost every line, but then pulls out a ton of duplicates, sometimes over a thousand. How do I narrow that down? Thank you.

• Seperate repeating question.
          gschneyer _

One thing I forgot to ask, if it removes 50 lines of duplications can it say "50 duplicated lines"?

Olly Bond

Hello gschneyer,

(If you can post a sample of the report between and tags that would be great.)

If you only need to get one line of data for the whole report, or per page, try setting a detail template that only picks up the first line, then trapping the repeated data as a footer.

HTH,

Olly

gschneyer _

Virus found,PC1007,Scheduled scan,Downloader,1,c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\xfer\4bced3bf.tmp,"",Quarantined,Cleaned,Quarantined,04/27/2010 09:00:37,04/27/2010 09:08:03,Default,SYSTEM

Virus found,PC1007,Scheduled scan,Downloader,1,c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\xfer\4bced3bd.tmp,"",Quarantined,Cleaned,Quarantined,04/27/2010 08:57:59,04/27/2010 09:01:46,Default,SYSTEM

Virus found,PC1007,Scheduled scan,Downloader,1,c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\xfer\4bced3bc.tmp,"",Quarantined,Cleaned,Quarantined,04/27/2010 08:57:29,04/27/2010 09:01:46,Default,SYSTEM

Virus found,PC1007,Scheduled scan,Downloader,1,c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\xfer\4bced3bb.tmp,"",Quarantined,Cleaned,Quarantined,04/27/2010 08:56:56,04/27/2010 09:01:46,Default,SYSTEM

Virus found,PC1007,Scheduled scan,Downloader,1,c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\xfer\4bced3b8.tmp,"",Quarantined,Cleaned,Quarantined,04/27/2010 08:56:31,04/27/2010 09:01:46,Default,SYSTEM

So I want to reconfigure the report to show only a few things, I don't need the rest.

Olly Bond

Hello gschneyer,

That's not really a report, if every line has the same format... But if that's what you have to work from, then you should be able to get what you need using a Summary in Monarch - this will get rid of the duplication you don't need.

Depending on what you want to keep, you might get away with a Filter matching the first n rows, and using a Sort order, but I'd try a summary first.

Good luck,

Olly