5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:07 AM by Olly Bond RSS

How to show multiple lines of each record in multiple columns

rdbabu _

Hi,

I would like to know how to show multiple lines of each record in multiple columns. Follwing is example. Your help in this regards is highly appreciated.

DALENS OPILNSS CREATION                        PAGE: 1

ERRC CATS for ROLLNO 500 RUNS

CATRUN NUM 7S485               04/27/2010  2:47 AM

List of ERRORS

9999921   1999995                       AXLUKBSH,FFSSUA

Balance: $0.00

(10/29/2009)             **BALANCE TENFDEAKARO**

**DUMMY OLIHXNGO**

8444447   1555552                       ANUJKLSXXX,MFIHIOOS 

Balance: $65.00

(04/27/2010)             **MISSING XYZ ZIP**

**MISSING ENTERED X#**

**MISSING PIYUSH**

5555553   2444449                       KIOHKJLXX,DEF

Balance: $0.00

(10/08/2009)             **MISSING XYZ ZIP**

**MISSING ENTERED X#**

**MISSING PIYUSH**

**BALANCE TENFEFEAR**

**DUMMY OLIHXNGO**

/CODE

I Want this data set as follows:

9999921 / 1999995 / AXLUKBSH,FFSSUA / Balance: $0.00 / (10/29/2009) / **BALANCE TENFDEAKARO** / **DUMMY OLIHXNGO**

/CODE

• How to show multiple lines of each record in multiple columns
          Olly Bond

Dear rdbabu,

From your data, making a three line sample for the detail template, trapping on the two numeric codes, and selecting the fields normally should work. The only trick you need here is to select the field "**BALANCE TENFDEAKARO**" on the just the first line (the third line of your sample) and in Avanced field properties set it to "end the field on" "none of the above".

9999921     1999995     AXLUKBSH,FFSSUA     0     (10/29/2009)     **BALANCE TENFDEAKARO** **DUMMY OLIHXNGO**

8444447     1555552     ANUJKLSXXX,MFIHIOOS     6500     (04/27/2010)     **MISSING XYZ ZIP** **MISSING ENTERED X#** **MISSING PIYUSH**

5555553     2444449     KIOHKJLXX,DEF     0     (10/08/2009)     **MISSING XYZ ZIP** **MISSING ENTERED X#** **MISSING PIYUSH** **BALANCE TENFEFEAR** **DUMMY OLIHXNGO**

/CODE

HTH,

Olly

rdbabu _

Hi,

It worked. Thanks for the response.

But I have few more issues here:

1) The last record of each page capturing the next page headers (those are first 4 or 5 lines in the example what I have provider in my first post) into last field. (which is starting with ***)

2) Also is there a way to split the last field. Where ever new *** starts. Currently the field is capturing avaialble lines side by side by giving a space.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks much again..

Olly Bond

Hello rdbabu,

You can solve (1) by defining a page header template covering the 6 or 7 lines that make up the top of each page. Monarch will then skip this when handling the "end field on" rule although you might want to change the condition from "blank field values" to "none of the above".

For (2) you can define a calculated field with expressions like Replace(;"* ";" // *").

HTH,

Olly

rdbabu _

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The 1st questions was worked out well. I trapped the headers and able to avoid leading values in last record.

I dont find replace function in my version. I am using 7.00 version. Is there any function to help me out here?

Also, I would like to eliminate few rows where particualr string is available under a field. In SQL we will use that as "not like '%abcd on 13%'. Is there a way to use these kind of functions?

Thanks for your help and this really making my life so easy

Olly Bond

Hello rdbabu,

Upgrade to v10.5 - it's worth it!

You could try to make an artificial "replace" function using lsplit() if that existed in v7, but it's tricky. In the expression builder for the calculated field, look at the String/Character functions and see if you have extract(), substr(), lsplit() - you might get away with something based on these.

As for eliminating rows, a filter using the instr() expression would be easiest.

Best wishes,

Olly