5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:07 AM by drobert _ RSS

Change font size for PDF output

drobert _

I cannot find where I can define the font size (or type for that matter) to use for the data portion of the printout, although I have found this option when defining the header/footer.

Am I missing something?:confused: Does that option exist?

• Change font size for PDF output
          Data Kruncher

No, you're quite right - we cannot control the font used for the data section when exporting PDF files. Hope you like Courier New. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you could recommend this as an enhancement in the Future Features thread.

Kruncher

drobert _

Well, the font is Ok, it's rather the size that is bothering me:(.  Is there a way to break-up a line so that it will wrap instead of using another page to display?

I find that odd that I can define the Font, Type and Size for the header/footer but not the data.:confused:

drobert _

Oops, my mistake... when viewing it it shows as two pages since the data is too wide for the page, but for some reason it just shows as one page (clipping the remainder of the data) on the PDF.

Ironically, if [I]I[/I][/B] print to PDF, I get two pages (not quite what I want).

I find this output to PDF quite kludgy... when viewing, whether the page is setup as letter or legal landscape, it seems to show it as letter landscape (I think), but the PDF [B]DOES[/B][/I] get setup as legal landscape, but with a huge empty margin on the right where the rest of the data should be, but no second page to show the rest.

If I output to text, it does not incorporate my headings... great!:rolleyes:

Basically what I want to do is use a current report and incorporate some additional data (calculated and otherwise) and recreate a new report which looks reasonably the same.  I extracted the information from the report headings and thought that I can create a PDF that looked similar to the original report.

Data Kruncher

I did a bit more experimentation, and turns out that my initial comment above is a bit of a false positive. Misleading at best, just plain incorrect at worst.

It seems that there are certain fonts that don't play nicely when you output a PDF, so instead of generating problems, Monarch outputs Courier New. I don't recall exactly which one didn't work for me when I said that you couldn't set the font for the data section in a PDF.

But trying certain other fonts is quite successful, such as Consolas.

Just set the font type and size for the Report, Table, or Summary window before you export the PDF file.

I have in the past changed the page size to 11x17 to accommodate wider output.

Try using (or downloading) and testing other monospaced fonts.

Kruncher

drobert _

Thanks DK,

Ah yes:rolleyes:, I see.  I didn't think that the display font would affect the printed font.  I thought that this would change the default font and size for [I]ALL[/I][/B] Monarch models as I was assuming that this was a Monarch setting and not a model setting.  Unfortunately the table display is a bit harder to read; although I have no problems with that because I have a large screen and I am used to tiny font, but some co-workers might not like that (not a show-stopper).

I am not sure if it's a bug, but my print preview does not reflect the Paper Size and Orientation I select in Page Setup of the Table view... whether I select Letter or Legal, or Landscape or Portrait, it still seems to show as Landscape Letter (I think that's the format it's using for print preview), but [I]fortunately[/I][/B] the PDF does.

I still find that odd that the one can select the font for the header/footer in the page setup, but nothing for the data itself. I guess that the developers wanted to conform to the WYSIWYG standards as much as possible.

I will take your advice and add this to the Future Features thread.