3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:07 AM by Olly Bond RSS

A problem with exporting to Excel

Jeff C

I am getting this message in the job log on various processes that are exporting to Excel.

+ 03-25-2010 07:13:10 Set project file: C:\Program Files\Monarch Data Pump\Projects\Returns Analysis.xprj

+ 03-25-2010 07:13:15 The file is not in the expected Excel format. Only Excel 97 and higher versions are supported.

+ 03-25-2010 07:13:15 Failed: DwchServer.ExporterFailureException: Exporter method RunAllExports returned false. at DwchServer.JobHandler.a(MpExportClass A_0, ServerDB A_1, JobLog A_2, Int32 A_3) at DwchServer.JobHandler.a(ServerDB A_0)

Is anyone aware of what could be causing this problem?

I changed the export from .xls to .xlsx and it ran perfectly.  But I nor those that need this file have Excel 2007.

Any help will be appreciated!

• A problem with exporting to Excel
          Olly Bond

Hello Jeff,

Just a quick check  to help diagnose this - if you log on to the server which is running DataPump, and try to run the project manually in Monarch, does the export work OK?

In Monarch, also check the Options > Export and Clipboard menu, and on the General tab you'll see a setting for XLS file types. You can turn off advanced Excel features, and formatting, as well as selecting the Monarch v8 Excel export engine.

Best wishes,

Olly

Jeff C

Interesting thing happens...

Opening the project manually and running the exports everything appears to work except that the excel file is not being written.  Perhaps something the IT department is doing to make the upgrade is causing these problems.  Before trying to find the problem I think I will wait until the v10 is installed and see if that corrects these problems. 

Thanks for you help!

Olly Bond

Hello Jeff,

In the Monarch forum there's a few posts about Excel export issues from different versions. You might want to check that the right JET drivers are installed on the server. Do you have Excel itself installed on the server? You don't need to, and may not want to for security reasons.

Good luck - we're upgrading to Datapump Pro v10 in a couple of weeks and will finally be able to use Monarch v10's wonderful new features...

Best wishes,

Olly