3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:07 AM by Olly Bond RSS

Monarch Web based system

William Grant

I work at a NAVY site, FRCSE, and we use Monarch extensively and really like the product. Our ODBC connectivity "will be shut down" in the future by NETWARCOM because of security issues DOD is currently addressing. We will be forced into using a Web site to access our accounting database in the near future. Is there currently a web based Monarch or is there one in the planning stages? DOD is planning on a cognos web based system for us to use but we much prefer to continue on with Monarch if that was an option. If this is not the right forum to address the issue, please let me know who to direct my inquiry to.

thanks

Bill

• Monarch Web based system
          joey

Monarch can handle html as plain text, but in my experience it's a real pain to parse it as a report.  If there is a excel report out there, you could use it as a database.  Of course, these assume that the websites have no authentication, which seems unlikely with DOD.

Your best bet may be to do a manual export of what is on the webpage, similar to logging into a bank website and downloading transactions in a csv format.

Olly Bond

Hello Bill,

There are web-based platforms for report mining with Monarch (BI Server, Datawatch|ES, Monarch|RMS). Which is best really depends on the usage and scale as well as on the options to connect to the new system. I'll PM you with suggestions...

Best wishes,

Olly

Olly Bond

Hello Bill,

I don't know how far the decision to remove ODBC access has got, but it may help reassure the security team if you point out to them that Monarch will let you encrypt and store the ODBC access credentials in the project file.

Best wishes,

Olly