1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:07 AM by Gareth Horton RSS

Alert Email

Arumugaraj _

Hi,

I am working on MDP V9 and Need your help on generating an alert email.

I created a process contains two sub tasks. For the first sub task I set the "File Existence Criteria" to "Not required" (because some time the source file will not be available) which will continue to run the second task without any issue. I want an alert email to be triggered if source file is unavailable for the first sub task. This alert email will be really helpful for our monitoring purpose. Could some one help me. Many thanks.

-

Raj

• Alert Email
          Gareth Horton

Hi Raj,

The simplest way is to set up a global alert.

Go to Alerts and add a new alert choosing the SystemAlertNoInputToExporter code.

Then set up your e-mail alert with the information you want it to include.

Bear in mind that this alert will fire when the input file is missing in all your processes, so it is useful to add the process information in the alert so that you know which process had the problem.

Gareth

Hi,

I am working on MDP V9 and Need your help on generating an alert email.

I created a process contains two sub tasks. For the first sub task I set the "File Existence Criteria" to "Not required" (because some time the source file will not be available) which will continue to run the second task without any issue. I want an alert email to be triggered if source file is unavailable for the first sub task. This alert email will be really helpful for our monitoring purpose. Could some one help me. Many thanks.

-

Raj[/QUOTE]