5 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 10:06 AM by Melissa2 _ RSS

ODBC Connection -Monarch will only import 33,000 rows :(

mastershawa _

I'm using Monarch Pro 10.5 and when I try to use an ODBC connection as my datasource or as an external lookup then it will only return about 33,000 rows and then the rest return null.  My problem is that we have somewhere in the neighborhood of 95,000 acounts, so we're only returning about 1/3 of them.  We just upgraded from the network version of Monarch Pro 8.01 to the Standalone version of Monarch Pro 10.5 on Windows XP, and if I do the same external lookup in 8.01 then it works fine, which is my current workaround. 

Is there some setting in the standalone version of Monarch Pro 10.5 that would allow me to return more rows?  Has anyone run into this error?  Any ideas?  I hate going back to 8.01 or jumping back and forth between versions when I need to do a large external lookup.

Thanks in advance!

• ODBC Connection -Monarch will only import 33,000 rows :(
          Data Kruncher

Hi mastershawa, and a belated "welcome to the forum".

Are both Monarch versions using the same ODBC driver or Data Source Name configuration?

I'd be checking to see that the DSN that v10 is using isn't limiting the number of records returned by queries.

Any progress with that in mind?

mastershawa _

Hi Kruncher, and thanks for posting a reply so quickly.  We're using the same ODBC driver and Data Source Name configuration for both versions of Monarch.  We have a number of standalone copies of v10.5 that we're using on different workstations and we're experiencing the same issue with all of them.  We also have a number of DSN's set up for different reporting nodes, and they're all giving me the same incomplete results in v10.5 but work in 8.01.  I'm totally befuddled by this and would be interested in seeing if a network version of 10.5 would give me the same results as the standalone version, since that seems to be the main difference that 8.01 is run from a server.  But the DSN is used from the local machine in both the standalone version and the network version - and I'm opening the exact same project in both versions and 8.01 is populating completely and 10.5 is not, so it doesn't seem to me that it should be a DSN issue  

So sorry but I'm not sure how to proceed with troubleshoot based on your suggestion since the DSN is the same that I'm using for both versions.

mastershawa _

Oh, one more interesting note...when I try to import from this table using the ODBC connection then I get this error "Failed to import all rows.  Try importing as delimited text"

Data Kruncher

Well that makes two of us that are looking for a solution then!

What's the database? Is the ODBC driver proprietary and vendor supplied?

I had a look through my Windows registry looking for leads, but came up empty.

It might be time for a call to Tech Support. :confused:

Melissa2 _

My external lookups aren't working either once it gets around 33K rows.  I get the same error and suggestion to try importing as delimited text which of course will not work.

The only thing that I can come up with on this error is this:  In the Monarch v10.5 Help it shows several "hidden settings" that are supposed to show up in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Datawatch\Monarch\Settings

Many of the "hidden settings" are not listed under my computer's registry.  There are some listed in my registry that I don't see in the help file.  I am wondering if this issue that we are having with version 10.5 has to do with these settings?  Possibly the DiskSpaceThreshold setting or another setting.  THere is a setting called LimitPlanDataLines.  I am not too sure what that one is for.  I called Monarch and they seem to think it has something to do with the Tables we are accessing are on a network and also having V8.01 on the Network and v10.5 as a standalone version.  I wonder if we just need to "reset" our registry?  Maybe v10.5 is trying to use v8.01 registry settings.  Would that explain why the lookups work in the older version and not 10.5?  It's ok once in a while but we all have Excel 2007 and it's doesn't help to have to re-save the files to be used in Monarch as a lower version before Monarch can read them.